Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
heavy lifting? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • heavy lifting?

    I did research on my mos (13f) and it said it's physical demanding, more then most, is it true? Also, how fast can l be promoted in this mos? Please and thanks

  • #2
    Re: heavy lifting?

    Straight from DA PAM 611-21, here are the physical requirements:

    1. Frequently lifts and lowers 70 pounds 3 feet.
    2. Occasionally lifts and lowers 75 pounds and carries 8 feet.
    3. Frequently digs, lifts and shovels 10 pounds scoops of dirt in bent, stooped or kneeling position.
    4. Occasionally performs all other tasks while carrying a minimum of 65 pounds evenly distributed over entire body.
    5. Constantly uses binoculars, lasers and other optical sighting devices.
    6. Must be able to hear a wide range of human voice tones through headphones.
    7. Must possess normal color vision.
    8. Must possess finger dexterity in both hands.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: heavy lifting?

      Any thing else, that's a lot of stuff.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: heavy lifting?

        13F is a combat arms MOS and often times find themselves right along side infantry platoons. Lets cut out all the crap, what are you afraid of?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: heavy lifting?

          Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
          13F is a combat arms MOS and often times find themselves right along side infantry platoons. Lets cut out all the crap, what are you afraid of?
          To what extent am l right along with the infantry? I'm not scared , l believe that knowledge is key to get you ready for anything.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: heavy lifting?

            Originally posted by amon2012 View Post
            To what extent am l right along with the infantry? I'm not scared , l believe that knowledge is key to get you ready for anything.
            Exactly as the statement reads. If attached at company level you will be tasked out to a platoon and serve as the platoon forward observer. You will eat, sleep, run, ruck and sweat next to a 11B. Again, what has you worried? You mentioned above that the list of things you needed to be able to do was a long list. Really it is not a long list at all and is only showing the bare minimum requirements.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: heavy lifting?

              OP--You realize you are about to be in the United States Army right? The most superior ground-fighting force in the world, the single-most dominant Army known to mankind? Expect to lift a lot of weight, run a lot, sweat a lot, exercise a lot, and since you're 13-series, be around lot of BOOM-BOOM cannons a LOT. There is no one paper, commercial, recruiter, or pamphlet you can read that can tell you EXACTLY what your MOS is going to be like. It's not just a 9-5 job, it's a lifestyle. Get right in the head and more importantly, get right in your heart before you strap up your boots and ship out. Often times, a positive attitude is all you need. Trust in the system, trust in your senior leadership, trust in your fellow soldiers, and trust in YOURSELF. The more you overthink all of this, the more you're going to psyche yourself out. You don't go up to bat in a baseball game trying to analyze the next pitch by curvature, velocity, speed, twist, height, etc. You just do it by feel! You'll be alright MAN!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: heavy lifting?

                What the SGT is trying to say is, you will often be tasked with Infantry soldiers even though you are not an infantry soldier. Every soldier is a basically trained foot-soldier first and then proficient in their assigned job second. There will be times when you won't be doing your specific job but supplementing other infantry soldiers.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: heavy lifting?

                  Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
                  Exactly as the statement reads. If attached at company level you will be tasked out to a platoon and serve as the platoon forward observer. You will eat, sleep, run, ruck and sweat next to a 11B. Again, what has you worried? You mentioned above that the list of things you needed to be able to do was a long list. Really it is not a long list at all and is only showing the bare minimum requirements.
                  That is true. Many of these requirements are the same for a wide range of MOS's. OP, did you get your question answered? Are there any other concerns we can clarify?

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X