X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drill 3 months out of state?

I'm getting ready to take advantage of Post 9/11 to do vocational school for 10 weeks in Florida. I'm not sure about having availability to attend drill for those three months, especially if I have to drive 14 hours to get to my home station in Virginia. I'm not looking to do an IST but wasn't sure what steps (if any) I can take to maybe drill with a local Florida unit or take a bye for my home drills. What do I need to be thinking about before I lock in this school?

Re: Drill 3 months out of state?

Talk to your unit and first line leaders.

Comment

Indeed. This could have a few different outcomes. If you've a good history with your chain of command, I am sure they will at least try and come up with something.

Comment

To be even more specific, you may be allowed to split train for those drills ahead of time. Like the posters said above, you'll have to ask your Readiness NCO to find out your options.

Comment

I'm in VA also. We have guys who live in Georgia, Tennessee and Pennsylvania. Some times these guys can split one drill in advance, haven't had any do 3 in a row. Like others have said, talk to your chain of command and hope for the best. We always have to make up our drills in advance.

Comment

Working...
          X