X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job choices

Ok, I am qualified and my job choices are 42A(HR), 68W(Medic), or Supply.
    I do have interest in all of these fields. I want to further my education when I return from AIT in one of these fields. I also wouldn't mind finding something full time in the Guard down the road, mostly in Supply or HR.

Anyone who has any experience in these fields or can give me some input in helping me make a decision would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Job choices

Better chance for full time would probably be with 42A. Even though they do exist for the others as well. However, I know you've mentioned being unemployed and seem to be asking a lot about full time jobs in the long term. The AIT for 68W is much longer than the others, meaning you'd be on active duty for a lot longer during that. Also, the skills obtained there can easily transfer into an EMT type of career (if that interests you.)

Ultimately, you should NOT bet on landing a full time guard job. Military spending is not increasing, those jobs have been historically competitive even in good times and almost nobody ever leaves those jobs.

Comment

Re: Job choices

Yes...I would not even really enlist thinking a full time position is an option.

Comment

Working...
      X