Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Squad Designated Marksman School

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
    Well hold on a second while it is very unlikely that a soldier could afford to go on his own dime, if they could or you found that token soldier who comes from a wealthy family, than honestly why not? Let them pay to go, the Army can make a profit, the Soldier gets what he wants and everyone is happy.
    One word. MERCENARY.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
      One word. MERCENARY.
      Everyone is a mercenary. When a person goes to work as a teacher they are a mercenary, if you work as a doctor you are a mercenary, the same goes for every other occupation in society.

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
        Everyone is a mercenary. When a person goes to work as a teacher they are a mercenary, if you work as a doctor you are a mercenary, the same goes for every other occupation in society.
        So, that makes me an IT mercenary? Sweet... That is going on my resume under "special skills"!

Comment

Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701 View Post
          So, that makes me an IT mercenary? Sweet... That is going on my resume under "special skills"!
          Yes it does because your working for money. We as individuals go to our jobs for monetary compensation. The real question is how are we all NOT mercenaries?

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
            And this post was simply awesome. Should make readers adam's apple gulp due to awe. I applaud you for your eloquent and innocuous response.
            Thanks buddy. However, I fear that it may have sailed over the intended recipient's head.

Comment

As much as I appreciate all of you gentlemen have done to serve our country, I do mean it when I say you have - for the majority- a group of *DELETED*. Am I a young stupid Sophomore who plays videogames, watches war movies, thinks snipers guns and battle are cool and plays airsoft with his buddies because it fun and yearns to join JROTC? Yes. I am. But my desire to go forth with these subjects is not because my mind is glamourized with Hollywood blockbusters of snipers shooting hundreds of men from a tower because it's "cool", it derives from a childhood obsession with guns, military, and warfare that has grown to the growing desire to serve my country, and possibly sacrifice my life to a cause greater than my self to preserve the rights of every man, woman and child in the world and to ensure that others everywhere are able to live an easy carefree childhood where girls, and videogames seem to be problems. I don't just look for information on SDM, and snipers due to stupidity. I want to know more about the topic due to the act that marksmanship, stealth and the skill of the men performing these tasks to my young mind is an awesome spectacle I would love to accomplish to aid the military I pray to join fight a war, and help any ally in a battlefield from perishing and preventing the suffering of others by putting forth a skill that I believe I could make, personally, a valuable asset to doing my small part in serving my country and defending the lives of whatever military brothers I someday hope to have. So before you bash me and criticize me for my interest in the topic only a handful of you took the time to answer, understand I want to serve someday from the bottom of my heart for reasons more than movies games and stupidity of a young teenager, but that I have always had a burning desire to someday serve with you gentlemen and someday fight as your brother. Thank you, from a stupid moron who only asks these question because of Call of Duty.

Watch your language please. -SteveLord
              Last edited by SteveLord; June 10th, 2012, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Stay on topic at hand and be civil with any disagreements. This goes for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                X