X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Career Fair

So I attended the military career fair this morning in Houston. Several big companies showed up, a good many were oil and gas, this being Texas. While most of the companies had special instructions on how to signify your military status when applying online, ExxonMobile was really the only company that really made it a point to mention it in the guy's schpiel. They have a separate testing day for people with military experience this weekend, although I won't be able to attend this one since it is my RSP drill. He let me know how to find when they were having another military testing day. He didn't really go into what went on in the testing. Other companies were willing to talk about how their company values people with military experience, etc, and their willingness to work around Guard commitments. I dropped several resumes off, got several business cards, etc. If anyone has any specific questions, let me know.

Re: Military Career Fair

Thanks for sharing! Good information to know about.

Comment

Yes, good info.

And just to add, if you are really interested in a job with one of the places you dropped of the resume, be sure to follow up with them about it. Don't just wait for them to try to find you out of the stack. I suggest a letter thanking them for blah, blah, blah and expressing your interest in the company. Being sure to mention something you may have spoke with them about there and then letting them know you plan to call to follow up with them. Then actually do it and call to follow up.
      Last edited by HR NCO; June 8th, 2012, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
        Yes, good info.

And just to add, if you are really interested in a job with one of the places you dropped of the resume, be sure to follow up with them about it. Don't just wait for them to try to find you out of the stack. I suggest a letter thanking them for blah, blah, blah and expressing your interest in the company. Being sure to mention something you may have spoke with them about there and then letting them know you plan to call to follow up with them. Then actually do it and call to follow up.
        Biggest mistake people make when looking for work. Sitting around waiting for jobs to come to them or people to call them back.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, Sgt.

Comment

Say if you can please give up an update on how everything goes and if you make any progress in getting a job. Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
            X