X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

I'm almost 30. Is 68W to 65D to 62A a reasonable long term goal?

Re: Question

How much education do you have?

Comment

I'm working on 16 of my Gen Ed requirements now, but I plan to go to EKU and get my B.S. in Emergency Medical Care with Paramedic Science as my AOC and hopefully continue on to IPAP then Med School.

Comment

I'm not sure you could become a 62A, but perhaps if you completed medical school in the next 6-7 years, you could become a medical officer of some sort. 68W would seem to be a good begining point.

Comment

65D is an officer MOS (O-2 I believe), and takes roughly 5 or 6 years between the BS. and P.A. school. I figure having the commission before med school may help, but then again, I'm not sure.

Comment

Perhaps you could interview someone in the field? PA's are needed now, but that may not be the case in 5 years. Who knows what the future holds? If I were you, I'd enlist 68W and finish college, then become an officer through the medical student program, which is much like the the chaplain candidate program. You may even look at the military medical college, it is highly competitive.

Comment

Working...
            X