Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 opted to be paid out vacation pay (Active Duty Guard)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 opted to be paid out vacation pay (Active Duty Guard)

I was on ADSW orders in San Diego, CA from 07/05/2006 - 1/18/2007, went on AD training from 1/19/2007 - 6/11/2007, then back on ADSW orders 6/12/2007 - 07/15/2008. During this time I accrued about 14 days vacation time and I agreed by signing a document to get paid out at the duration of my orders. However, I never got paid out for that vacation time. I'm in the State of California, so the Dept. of Labor has stringent laws when it comes to vacation time.

Anyone have a similar experience? I fought with DFAS at the time, but they fought back and I didn't get anything. I didn't know any better, and gave up.

Re: 2008 opted to be paid out vacation pay (Active Duty Guard)

Do you have the signing document, ADSW (now ADOS) orders, and LES to confirm your claim?

Comment

Have you checked and made sure you weren't paid for the leave days? It won't show up as a separate payment but will fall under your base pay.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
        Have you checked and made sure you weren't paid for the leave days? It won't show up as a separate payment but will fall under your base pay.
        Look at the text at the bottom of the LES, which would show leave days paid out. Also, your LES will show the number of leave days paid to you in your career, which should provide some insight as well.

Comment

Have you ever sold back leave before this?

Comment

Working...
          X