Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRICARE options

Hoping to get some help from you all...

I'm 23 years old, Just graduated basic, waiting to attend AOCS in January. I have no spouse or kids or anything of that sort. I'm looking to find a health insurance provider and I'm in the national guard under a 6 + 2 contract. (I Don't think thats relevant though) Are there any health benefits through TRIcare that I am eligible for. To me it sounds like I would be eligible for reserve select coverage but am not sure if that really pertains to me. I REALIZE that when I am in training I am covered under the active duty status, but I need coverage for those time that I am not in training or on active duty.
    IF I am not eligible for TRIcare under my current status, then what do you all suggest for getting some kind of basic insurance for someone who is healthy and has no real health issues.

Thank you all for the help, much appreciated.

>Kyle

Re: TRICARE options

Yes, you are eligible for Tricare Reserve Select (TRS).

When I returned from BCT/OCS, I had to go to an ID card/DEERS facility with a copy of my orders to get my status moved from active duty to drilling reservist. Once the system recognizes you're a drilling reservist, it's too easy to read up on it and register online.

http://www.tricare.mil/TRS

Comment

Re: TRICARE options

Get TRICARE Reserve. It's pretty cheap insurance for a single person.

Comment

Working...
      X