X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another BAH Question...

Hi, I leave for BCT in a few weeks and never even considered BAH until now. I have lived with a coworker for about 5 years now. He has a mortgage on the house and I rent the finished basement from him. There has never been a lease, just a verbal agreement. If i get a lease drawn up, would I qualify for BAH? Would I need to provide a utility bill? My rent includes all utilities so I have none in my name.

Re: Another BAH Question...

You need to have a lease, which should be notarized along with a utility bill unless your lease clearly states that utilities are included.

Don't they go over BAH requirements in RSP? We provide a counseling form which all RSP Warriors must sign explaining BAH requirements and whether the RSP Warrior has the documents or not. These all must be submitted with the shipper packet prior to ship date.

Comment

Hey, someone told him that he could get 600 dollars extra a month for his 200 dollars a month "rent". He is already learning to game the system. And Qwerty DADT is over. You can be honest now lol. That was a joke unless true.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
        You need to have a lease, which should be notarized along with a utility bill unless your lease clearly states that utilities are included.

Don't they go over BAH requirements in RSP? We provide a counseling form which all RSP Warriors must sign explaining BAH requirements and whether the RSP Warrior has the documents or not. These all must be submitted with the shipper packet prior to ship date.
        My RSP news letter says we will go over the info on my last drill before shipping out, but i ship out the day after so im trying to get ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
          Hey, someone told him that he could get 600 dollars extra a month for his 200 dollars a month "rent". He is already learning to game the system. And Qwerty DADT is over. You can be honest now lol. That was a joke unless true.
          DADT? Im sorry, still trying to learn all of the acronyms. I wish my rent was 200/month. Typing this out while eating my 0.20 tinas frozen burrito.

Dont ask dont tell? If so, NOT TRUE
          Last edited by Qwerty#99; September 17th, 2013, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Nailed it, Don't Ask Don't Tell.

Comment

It's my understanding that unless you have dependents you do not receive bah during bct with or without having a lease. I head to rsp this weekend and will certainly ask while I'm there. I was actually hoping that being prior service would help me get it without having dependents. Anyone confirm or deny?

Comment

There is BAH without dependents rate.

Comment

I understand that, but I was told that I wasn't eligible for bah because I didn't need to provide housing for a dependent while I was away and that I was being provided housing. I guess I will just have to clarify with my rsp unit. Thanks.

Comment

If you single and have a lease because you pay rent or have a mortgage, you are eligible for BAH w/o dependents rate for your zip code.

Comment

Outstanding! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X