Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tricare-Authorized Birthing Centers?

Hi!

I've been all over the tricare and united health websites looking for information on "Tricare-Authorized Birth centers" The maternity fact sheet says they are covered, but I can't seem to find on the websites if locations are listed anywhere.

I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction,

Thank you!

Re: Tricare-Authorized Birthing Centers?

This information is for military covered under Tricare Reserve Select. But why cant you pick up the phone and call? lol

http://www.tricare.mil/trs

I can see it now - "My wife is giving birth and I have to e-mail 911" lol

Comment

Gee thanks, I am the wife and am looking for alternatives to a hospital birth

If it were as simple as going to tricare.mil I would have the information I want. I think I found the portal through united health though I find it hard to believe there are no authorized birthing centers in all of Northern California.

Comment

Ok, I gave that website because it has phone numbers that you could call. Have you called the number on the right hand side of the website for information? If you did not; then you should. I think they could point you in the right direction.

I would try this number first.

North-Health Net
        1-877-TRICARE
        (1-877-874-2273)

www.hnfs.com

Comment

You get what you pay for.....typically the phone is a good way to start.

You should be able to go most places...it's the centers that will not take your insurance.

Comment

Working...
          X