X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAH w/ dependents

I am married to a guard member and we have a child together. I know while he's at BT and AIT he receives BAH but I was told by a recruiter that he will continue to receive it once he's done with BT amd AIT up until the lease ends. However I have read different on the internet. Every site I go to says BAH stops once he completes BT and AIT regardless of a lease agreement. Which is it??

Re: BAH w/ dependents

Originally posted by katyaa View Post
    Every site I go to says BAH stops once he completes BT and AIT regardless of a lease agreement. Which is it??

This is right. NG members only get full BAH while on active duty. When they drill one weekend a month; full BAH stops. What is his full-time job? I ask because that is what you essentially need to rely on when he returns back home.

I am active duty and I receive over $1500 a month in BAH but if I was Guard; I would not. If I was still in the Guard on M-Day status, I will have to rely on my full-time civilian job to pay for my rent.
    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; July 16th, 2013, 11:20 PM.

Comment

You only receive BAH while on "active" orders. So he will no longer receive BAH once he transitions back to reserve status.

Comment

I am married to a guard member and we have a child together. I know while he's at BT and AIT he receives BAH but I was told by a recruiter that he will continue to receive it once he's done with BT amd AIT up until the lease ends. However I have read different on the internet. Every site I go to says BAH stops once he completes BT and AIT regardless of a lease agreement. Which is it??
        The recruiter didnt say that. He told you the recruiter said that. There are some bad apples out there but not to this level.

Comment

Considering I asked the recruiter MYSELF, he DID say that. thank you two for answering this confusing mess of a question!

Comment

Considering I asked the recruiter MYSELF, he DID say that. thank you two for answering this confusing mess of a question!
            It is not really confusing but I understand since you are a civilian.

Here are some links to make you better understand.

http://militarypay.defense.gov/pay/bah/02_types.html

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1121223AALscVq
            Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; July 17th, 2013, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X