X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAH question.

I am going into the ANG and my question is; As a married man how does BAH work? Do I get the 1/4 portion while on drills? Do I get it while in basic and AIT? I need to know because my wife isn't employed and I will be away from my current job for a while and there will be bills to pay that I won't be able to address while away. Thank you for your time.

Re: BAH question.

Originally posted by Achilles View Post
    I am going into the ANG and my question is; As a married man how does BAH work? Do I get the 1/4 portion while on drills? Do I get it while in basic and AIT? I need to know because my wife isn't employed and I will be away from my current job for a while and there will be bills to pay that I won't be able to address while away. Thank you for your time.
    You get full BAH while on active duty orders of 30 days or more, only. It will be based on rank and zip code at your home. You can find those rates here

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/bahCalc.cfm

If on active duty for less than 30 days you get BAH type 2 aka the non locality rate. Those rates are here.

http://militarybenefits.info/2013-no...ity-bah-rates/

For drill weekend there is no BAH. Why you would expect 1/4 bah for 2/30 days is quite a peculiar math problem.
    Last edited by SF Hunter; October 7th, 2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

You get BAH when you have orders for over 30 days. You get BAH Type II for any orders under 30 days. You get no BAH for IDT/Drill weekends.

Comment

IDT? sorry a lot of these words are a bit new to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles View Post
          IDT? sorry a lot of these words are a bit new to me.
          Inactive Duty Training

Comment

Originally posted by realitycheck
            For drill weekend there is no BAH. Why you would expect 1/4 bah for 2/30 days is quite a peculiar math problem.
            He is confusing his thinking about getting paid for four drills days each month.

Comment

Working...
            X