X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Veteran on Driver's license

Hold on one second. I should be happy with perks due to limited service? I have NO PERKS AT ALL. Not by the Department of Veterans Affairs. All perks received not by Department of Veteran Affairs. All other perks received are either Private or State. Example USAA auto and home casualty insurance...... private. Not DVA. Example.....USMC license plates and veterans designators on driver's license......STATE.....Not DVA. Example.....Department of Natural Resources, land for veterans in Alaska.......STATE.....Not DVA.......Example......Funeral Honors......DOD.....Not DVA. Example....Walgreens discounts.....Private....not DVA.

What do you mean if there are other Texas Marine Corps Dishonorable/OTH/GUH licenses,....lost you there.
    Last edited by marinecomm; May 29th, 2013, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
      Very cool. It's all a money maker. All about the money. They have vanity tags for everyone. Luckily, here in Texas, these licenses cost me nothing. Only the same as I would pay for a regular license. No extra fees. If they did, I would ditch those plates and go with the mainstream tags. Before, Texas charged a yearly fee, don't know when they changed those rules, my guess after 9/11.

Comment

You got tags and discounts at Walgreens. Sounds like a perk too me. Don't forget finish line Gold circle members get $10 off $60 purchases and $20 off $100 purchase show them your card or DD 214 get additional 10% off "go fasters"....now that's a perk! Ohio is a veteran friendly state no extra charge for veteran tags, countless discounts to military/fire/ems/police at eating establishments and discounts to evening shows....just seen fast and furious 6 best $5.50 spent in a long time (thanks chakeres cinema 10 they support veterans too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
          I think you made it clear that you are bothered by not having true veteran status recognition
          That's all I'm seeing, too, and I'm struggling to find the relevance of this feeling to a National Guard recruiting forum.

Comment

Originally posted by marinecomm View Post
            I have Marine Corps (Honorably Discharged) license plates in Texas for one of my cars.
            What do you mean if there are other Texas Marine Corps Dishonorable/OTH/GUH licenses,....lost you there.
            I was just pointing out that the only reason any vet is qualified for anything is due to a honorable discharge.

Originally posted by Lance13A View Post
            That's all I'm seeing, too, and I'm struggling to find the relevance of this feeling to a National Guard recruiting forum.
            LT, that is why I provided the reassurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13A View Post
              Yup, you're probably right. I'm out of here. Not the place for me to be hanging out. I AGREE. Later. Moderators, please shut me down. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by marinecomm View Post
                Yup, you're probably right. I'm out of here. Not the place for me to be hanging out. I AGREE. Later. Moderators, please shut me down. Thanks.
                Thread closed

Comment

Working...
                X