X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAH after AIT

Looked around for a while for more information on this but I haven't really found anything that exactly answered my question so here it is ...

Is there a chart somewhere that outlines how much money I can get from housing allowance after AIT and drilling weekends. I'm under the impression that you don't get the full BAH, but you do get some. How much do you get? ... does rank matter as an E3?

Much thanks!

Re: BAH after AIT

You don't get any unless you are on active duty orders or through your Annual Training (which is a portion.)

Comment

BAH II (Reserve Component/Transit)

BAH-II (RC/T) is the housing allowance for members in particular circumstances, for example, reservists on active duty less than 30 days. It also applies when a member is in transit from selected areas where no prior BAH rate existed. It does not vary by geographic location. BAH-II (RC/T) was set based on the old Basic Allowance for Quarters (BAQ), which was based on the national average for housing. BAH-II is published annually and is determined by increasing the previous year's table by the percentage growth of housing costs.

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/Doc...-BAH-Rates.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by bai78 View Post
        BAH II (Reserve Component/Transit)

BAH-II (RC/T) is the housing allowance for members in particular circumstances, for example, reservists on active duty less than 30 days. It also applies when a member is in transit from selected areas where no prior BAH rate existed. It does not vary by geographic location. BAH-II (RC/T) was set based on the old Basic Allowance for Quarters (BAQ), which was based on the national average for housing. BAH-II is published annually and is determined by increasing the previous year's table by the percentage growth of housing costs.

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/Doc...-BAH-Rates.pdf

You don't get BAH for drill. You only get BAH if in active duty orders of some kind...period.
        Last edited by SF Hunter; May 29th, 2013, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Talking about BAH, BTW, the EOM LES has been released.

Comment

Working...
          X