X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Housing Allowance

I am in need of some information. My fiancee is currently at Basic Training at Fort Benning. When we started this the recruiter told him he would receive BAH while gone since his name is on a lease. We provided copies of the lease and thought all was fine. He is now gone and his pay is coming in but it doesn't appear this is included. I sent a message and was told that because he is not married he does not qualify. This puts us in a bit of a predicament as his pay is less than he was making at his job. I am finding conflicting information online and not really sure what to do since he is gone. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by kris.a.funk; May 17th, 2013, 05:39 PM.

Re: Basic Housing Allowance

If he has an legitimate lease; he should be receiving BAH without dependents rate.

Comment

Does it take time for that to process? or is it paid only once per month versus twice per month with his regular pay. I'm completely new to all of this so I really appreciate it. I don't want to stress him out at all with this. He's dealing with enough right now.

Comment

When he in-processed at reception, he should have had all that submitted. He receives his pay bi-weekly. 15th and the 1st of the month.

Comment

Working...
        X