X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLRP and interstate transfer

If I'm currently on the SLRP and before my contract is up I need to transfer states because of a job, will I be required to pay back everything?

any and all information or experience will be a lot of help,

Thank you,

Re: SLRP and interstate transfer

Originally posted by Nodoz View Post
    If I'm currently on the SLRP and before my contract is up I need to transfer states because of a job, will I be required to pay back everything?

any and all information or experience will be a lot of help,

Thank you,

Comment

Thank you for that well thought out and detailed response, however I have already check the NG website, all well as the permanent posts at the start of this specific forum and am unfamiliar with all the codes and abbreviations to know where my particular question is addressed, hence why I started this thread.

Anyone who has gone through this process or any recruiter or moderator that knows the process would be of great help, thank you again in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
        This is not the most current information. This is the basic requirements and rules. For example, accepting AGR, Mil Tech or commission no longer stops your benefits. And there are no more critical UIC's, so that no linger penalizes you.

Don't ask me what this acronym stands for, but NGB puts out "EIOM"s detailing the most current rules.

The answer to the OP's question, is NO.

Comment

The fact that I type a detailed answer to the question that needs moderator approval, but can subsequently go back and type this with no issue Aggravates me on a scale of 1-10 of about 322.09.

In short, that link is not the most current rules. Once my post is approved you will see why.

Comment

^ Sorry. Nothing we can do about it. One of us logs in at least every few hours and we approve what is out there. I brought this up 2.5 years ago originally to the administrators at the time. And I believe the people staffed for this have changed multiple times since. There was a short time in 2012 where this was actually fixed. It sucks as both new and senior members lose their posts in approval limbo.
            Last edited by SteveLord; April 22nd, 2013, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodoz View Post
              Thank you for that well thought out and detailed response, however I have already check the NG website, all well as the permanent posts at the start of this specific forum and am unfamiliar with all the codes and abbreviations to know where my particular question is addressed, hence why I started this thread.

Anyone who has gone through this process or any recruiter or moderator that knows the process would be of great help, thank you again in advance.

It was neither well though-out nor detailed. It was my attempt to steer you in the right direction--to get you to research further on your own. 90% of what I know I learned from digging up pdf. files on the internet. You'd be surprised what you can find if you just randomly google various military topics and type "pdf" after your entry on Google.

Now, here's the deal, and I'm sure someone is going to pop up in here breathing fire about what they know that's contrary. NEVERTHELESS, in my experience with talking to key personnel at the NGB, once you're awarded an SLRP it's yours. Unless you violate the basic terms of the contract (which you've already read) you can switch MOS's, go to schools, go to different states etc. How do I know? Because I've DONE it.

Comment

It was neither well though-out nor detailed. It was my attempt to steer you in the right direction--to get you to research further on your own. 90% of what I know I learned from digging up pdf. files on the internet. You'd be surprised what you can find if you just randomly google various military topics and type "pdf" after your entry on Google.

Now, here's the deal, and I'm sure someone is going to pop up in here breathing fire about what they know that's contrary. NEVERTHELESS, in my experience with talking to key personnel at the NGB, once you're awarded an SLRP it's yours. Unless you violate the basic terms of the contract (which you've already read) you can switch MOS's, go to schools, go to different states etc. How do I know? Because I've DONE it.
                And, you can commission, go agr, or accept miltech.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
                  And, you can commission, go agr, or accept miltech.
                  Yep.

He's pretty much going to have to do something short of popping hot on a drug test or kill somebody, which would get him discharged, in order to lose that SLRP.

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

Comment

Yep.

He's pretty much going to have to do something short of popping hot on a drug test or kill somebody, which would get him discharged, in order to lose that SLRP.
                      Unless he's Infantry... and then he'd probably get a medal!!

Comment

Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701 View Post
                        Unless he's Infantry... and then he'd probably get a medal!!
                        HOOAH!!

Motivated, motivated, hell yeah motivated!!! OOO AAAH I wanna kill somebody!!! OOO AAAH I wanna kill somebody, SOOOOON!!!

Sorry. Flashback.

Comment

Working...
                        X