X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: False BAH Claims

Legally if Wifey complains to the command they will make him pay her XYZ amount of dollars based off the rules. The equation can be found in AR 608-99 and it is based off the BAH type II AKA the non locality rate.

Comment

Originally posted by armyvet1234 View Post
      As a matter of fact, I was a friend of both. The wife makes more money than the husband so this is not about the wife getting money!!!....
      Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
      Legally if Wifey complains to the command they will make him pay her XYZ amount of dollars based off the rules. The equation can be found in AR 608-99 and it is based off the BAH type II AKA the non locality rate.
      So what was the original point of this again?

Comment

Originally posted by bai78 View Post
        So what was the original point of this again?
        Meddling ex-friend of male soldier, apparently still current friend to the accused's ex-wife, seeking advice to act on her behalf under the guise of retrieving allegedly misappropriated funds in the name of the United States Army! Whew.....
        Last edited by Chris36; April 5th, 2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

One of a chaplain's responsibilities is to advise Command on morals and ethics.....just saying. In a case of a moral conundrum you can always ask a chaplain for advice, this is one of the historical roles of chaplains.
          Last edited by Chaplain4me; April 4th, 2013, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
            Are you explaining alimony? Is alimony separate from child support? (I assume that comes out the paycheck as a whole, less BAH because that's non-taxable)

Comment

I wonder how long he's been after the soldiers wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
                Are you explaining alimony? Is alimony separate from child support? (I assume that comes out the paycheck as a whole, less BAH because that's non-taxable)
                Neither really. BAH is a government benefit paid to support housing of you AND your dependents. So if you are drawing at the "with" rate that money is equally as much yours as it is theirs. If you are geographically separated but legally married and wifey complains to your commander she isn't getting her cut he is required to counsel you and make you pay XYZ dollars to your family based off the math in AR 608-99. No court order for support is needed, nor would this money come right our of you check. Garnishments are not easy to put on military pay, but they do happen.

Comment

Makes sense that the commander is the approving authority.

Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999 View Post
                    I wonder how long he's been after the soldiers wife.
                    Jody, Jody, Jody

Comment

Working...
                    X