X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False BAH Claims

Who would I contact in the SC Army National Guard to report a soldier for collecting BAH when he is not living with his family and not providing his family with the appropriate support at this tim? This has been going on for 8 months and as an outsider and Veteran of the US Army I feel this is inappropriate behavior of a US soldier. He has left his wife and kids in the marital home and left them to make the house and all other payments on their own, yet he continues to collect BAH while living in an apartment with his paramour. Have tried contacting his unit COC but they have simply relayed confidential information to the sodier and ignored the issues at hand. Does anyone have any suggestions? His CSM is in Afganistan as well as other top ranking enlisted personnel. Should this be reported to IG?

Thank You...

armyvet123

Re: False BAH Claims

Originally posted by armyvet1234 View Post
    Who would I contact in the SC Army National Guard to report a soldier for collecting BAH when he is not living with his family and not providing his family with the appropriate support at this tim? This has been going on for 8 months and as an outsider and Veteran of the US Army I feel this is inappropriate behavior of a US soldier. He has left his wife and kids in the marital home and left them to make the house and all other payments on their own, yet he continues to collect BAH while living in an apartment with his paramour. Have tried contacting his unit COC but they have simply relayed confidential information to the sodier and ignored the issues at hand. Does anyone have any suggestions? His CSM is in Afganistan as well as other top ranking enlisted personnel. Should this be reported to IG?

Thank You...

armyvet123
    So there's no way that you are the wife in question with the family not being provided 'appropriate support'? Or a 'friend' of said wife?

Comment

Is he deployed? AGR? Mday type II BAH is small.

Comment

As a matter of fact, I was a friend of both. The wife makes more money than the husband so this is not about the wife getting money!!! This is about our government paying a soldier benefits that he does not desrerve and that could be better used elsewhere within our military!

Comment

He is Active duty National Guard Mon. - Fri.. Not presently deployed and not type II BAH.

Comment

If indeed you have proof of wrongdoing, and if indeed you have provided proof to the Soldier's chain of command and lack confidence in their ability/willingness to see justice done, then a call to the IG is appropriate.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Thank you!
                First of all, you have got to be kidding me right now. Drama queen much?

Secondly, it doesn't matter where he is living or who he is paying rent to. If he is married, and not provided government quarters, he is legally entitled to BAH.

Comment

Yes, but his amount will decrease accordingly. If you have a change in your dependency status (from with dependents to without dependents), your housing allowance will be determined by your new dependency status and the current published table of allowances for your grade. Location of housing can also change BAH amount. I am not drama but I do believe in doing the right thing. We all make mistakes in life but intentionally misleading the government and others is not a mistake it is a premeditated plan. You must have some previous issues in this area to become so excited over my simple question. Sorry to hit such an obviously sore subject area for you. Good luck in life and may God Bless you and yours!

Comment

Yes, but his amount will decrease accordingly. If you have a change in your dependency status (from with dependents to without dependents), your housing allowance will be determined by your new dependency status and the current published table of allowances for your grade. Location of housing can also change BAH amount. I am not drama but I do believe in doing the right thing. We all make mistakes in life but intentionally misleading the government and others is not a mistake it is a premeditated plan. You must have some previous issues in this area to become so excited over my simple question. Sorry to hit such an obviously sore subject area for you. Good luck in life and may God Bless you and yours!
                    If you are legally married, regardless of where you live, you have dependants and will draw at w/ depandants.

Comment

He is not misleading the government. If he is legally married, then he rates BAH. Even if he is divorced and has children; he gets BAH. That is not a false BAH claim. Marrying someone that you do not love for BAH is. Marrying an online bride in Russia that you will never meet for BAH is fraud.

What the wife should do, is contact the COC and/or file for divorce then go to the courts to receive support money. She has to do something if she does not have access to their funds (e.g. joint account). But obviously there is more to the story than you are providing.

I know Soldiers that live in barracks that has a legitimate Spouse/children in another state collect BAH.

On active duty, when I was at reclass school, I collected BAH where my family was (New York State). When I got PCS orders to Campbell and my family was still at NYS, my BAH then was for the Fort Campbell zip code. Major cut in money lol.

But I knew Soldiers that were able to PCS and keep their family at another state and collect BAH at that state (which was higher). So what you are saying is nothing new nor wrong in relation to the SM. Not living with your family is not fraudulent BAH. Not providing for the current wife/kids is morally wrong. You seem to have an issue distinguishing the differences.
                      Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; April 4th, 2013, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                        He is not misleading the government. If he is legally married, then he rates BAH. Even if he is divorced and has children; he gets BAH. That is not a false BAH claim. Marrying someone that you do not love for BAH is. Marrying an online bride in Russia that you will never meet for BAH is fraud.

What the wife should do, is contact the COC and/or file for divorce then go to the courts to receive support money. She has to do something if she does not have access to their funds (e.g. joint account). But obviously there is more to the story than you are providing.

I know Soldiers that live in barracks that has a legitimate Spouse/children in another state collect BAH.

On active duty, when I was at reclass school, I collected BAH where my family was (New York State). When I got PCS orders to Campbell and my family was still at NYS, my BAH then was for the Fort Campbell zip code. Major cut in money lol.

But I knew Soldiers that were able to PCS and keep their family at another state and collect BAH at that state (which was higher). So what you are saying is nothing new nor wrong in relation to the SM. Not living with your family is not fraudulent BAH. Not providing for the current wife/kids is morally wrong. You seem to have an issue distinguishing the differences.
                        Save your breath chief, they just want to play drama queen. No level of explaining will change that.

Comment

As a matter of fact, I was a friend of both. The wife makes more money than the husband so this is not about the wife getting money!!! This is about our government paying a soldier benefits that he does not desrerve and that could be better used elsewhere within our military!
                          Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                          He is not misleading the government. If he is legally married, then he rates BAH. Even if he is divorced and has children; he gets BAH. That is not a false BAH claim....

What the wife should do, is contact the COC and/or file for divorce then go to the courts to receive support money. She has to do something if she does not have access to their funds (e.g. joint account). But obviously there is more to the story than you are providing....

...Not living with your family is not fraudulent BAH. Not providing for the current wife/kids is morally wrong. You seem to have an issue distinguishing the differences.
                          Name:  6474cde4d4231754948e582cabc1e897.gif
Views: 4
Size:  1.1 KB

Comment

Originally posted by bai78 View Post
                            Name:  6474cde4d4231754948e582cabc1e897.gif
Views: 4
Size:  1.1 KB
                            Love the emoticon...LOL

I've thought that on numerous occasions on here.
                            Last edited by Chris36; April 4th, 2013, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Yes, but his amount will decrease accordingly. If you have a change in your dependency status (from with dependents to without dependents), your housing allowance will be determined by your new dependency status and the current published table of allowances for your grade.
                              As long as he has dependents (children are dependents) he is entitled BAH. It is up to his wife to request child support (which will come out of his paycheck if she is granted it).

I think the the only way (maybe there are more ways) to lose his BAH w/ dependents is to lose custody of his children and becomes divorced.

Originally posted by armyvet1234
                              Location of housing can also change BAH amount.
                              BAH amount depends on duty station, not home of record.

Otherwise, my co-workers who work in DC but live in southern virginia would be screwed.
                              Last edited by Mr_Loki; April 4th, 2013, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X