X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAH question

Hey I was wondering how BAH will work for me. Ill be living in a house with a few friends and paying split rent with them. If my name is on the lease will I be getting BAH at any point? I know i wont be getting it while im at home working, but will I get it during BCT or AIT? Or while/if im deployed?

Re: BAH question

Yes, if your name is on the lease, you will get it while on active service.

Comment

So ill get BAH while im on deployment only?

Comment

Originally posted by kirktyler82 View Post
        So ill get BAH while im on deployment only?
        You get bah while on active duty, whether it be deployment, training or other. You do not get bah for a two day drill weekend.

Comment

So on a month to month basis, I wont be getting BAH, but if I was deployed, I would receive BAH the month that im deployed?

Comment

You are authorized BAH while on Active Duty orders which includes BCT, AIT and deployments. Make sure you paperwork is tight. I would recommend having your lease or rental agreement notarized and have a utility bill in your name. BAH fraud is not something to be messing around with.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
              You are authorized BAH while on Active Duty orders which includes BCT, AIT and deployments. Make sure you paperwork is tight. I would recommend having your lease or rental agreement notarized and have a utility bill in your name. BAH fraud is not something to be messing around with.
              Soldiers who mobilize are no longer required to have a lease. Bah payout is automatic.

Comment

So during BCT AIT and deployments, BAH is automatically added to my payout?

Comment

Originally posted by kirktyler82 View Post
                  So during BCT AIT and deployments, BAH is automatically added to my payout?
                  Outside your concerns for BAH, what stages are you at in enlisting? If you are just thinking of joining, I think there should be other topics that take precedent before BAH

Comment

Working...
                  X