X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoo Policy

I have a small red heart on my left hand, will that disqualify me? Also I'm planning on joining the Ohio national guard, I attend college in West Virginia, will I still get all of the education benefits even though I go to a college in a different state. Also, if you have any advice as to join or not join please let me know. I still have not fully decided yet.

Re: Tattoo Policy

From what I've heard, tattoos need to be recorded when at MEPS (military Entry Post Station). I'm also fairly certain you'll receive educational benefits, regardless of the state and college/university (You may want to do further research). I'm going to MEPS later next week to join the Maine Army National guard to enlist as a 12B, and would recommend the US ARNG to anybody who wants to serve and earn a lot of educational benefits. While in college, I suggest you look into the ROTC and SMP programs to pay for tuition.

Comment

Re: Tattoo Policy

Originally posted by Mckee12 View Post
      I have a small red heart on my left hand, will that disqualify me? Also I'm planning on joining the Ohio national guard, I attend college in West Virginia, will I still get all of the education benefits even though I go to a college in a different state. Also, if you have any advice as to join or not join please let me know. I still have not fully decided yet.
      Keep in mind that Federal Tuition Assistance is being suspended as of 5pm today, 8 MAR 2013, so that won't be available. GI Bill benefits and State Tuition Assistance aren't being affected though.

However, if you're going to bein the Ohio NG attending an out-of-state school you probably wouldn't be eligible to use State Tuition Assistance.

Comment

Working...
      X