Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you collect any VA Benefits with ?

Can you collect any VA benefits with a General Under Honorable discharge on your NG-22 4 years 9 months and an Army Reserve IRR discharge of Honorable with form 256A certifcate total 8 years time served? Thank You
    Last edited by spcrock; February 13th, 2013, 12:23 AM.

Re: Can you collect any VA Benefits with ?

Originally posted by spcrock View Post
    Can you collect any VA benefits with a General Under Honorable discharge on your NG-22 4 years 9 months and an Army Reserve IRR discharge of Honorable with form 256A certifcate total 8 years time served? Thank You
    Legislation has not pass about giving veteran status to NG/Reserve members who never served on title 10 (active duty outside of IET) for a period of days.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.aWM&cad=rja

So if you never served on active duty outside of basic and AIT and were discharge, you are not a veteran. A person who has served on active duty and received a General Under Honorable is entitled to certain veteran benefits. I will say most. But if that person paid into the GI Bill and did not earn a full honorable, he lost his money and benefit.

I constantly tell problematic AD Soldiers to stay focused and to finish their obligation with a full honorable. It is not worth it, serving many years and lose benefits due to a bad discharge.

Comment

Re: Can you collect any VA Benefits with ?

This is an excerpt from the .pdf I attached.

For a former servicemember to receive certain VA benefits, the person must have active U.S.
      military service for a minimum period of time and meet nature of discharge requirements. Some
      members of the National Guard and reserve components have difficulty meeting the active duty
      and length of service requirements. However, a member of the National Guard or reserve
      components who is activated for federal military service and serves the full period of activation is
      considered a veteran for purposes of VA benefits.

Comment

Working...
      X