X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Married

Im heading off to Fort Benning in about 3 months, but Im getting married to my fiancee before i ship off. Anyone know how my pay will change, or iff it'll change at all with this status? FYI i also have a child.

Re: Getting Married

Originally posted by SoldiersCreed View Post
    Im heading off to Fort Benning in about 3 months, but Im getting married to my fiancee before i ship off. Anyone know how my pay will change, or if it'll change at all with this status? FYI i also have a child.
    From what I understand, your pay with a spouse will be the same as your pay with a child. I did it the other way (married, then had a kid), but my pay didn't change at all. A child is a dependent, a spouse is a dependent. You should be able to get BAH anyway.

Comment

You will receive BAH with the dependents rate. I believe you may receive family separation but you need to speak to a finance rep at BCT and have all your documents (Marriage Certificate, lease, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
        You will receive BAH with the dependents rate. I believe you may receive family separation but you need to speak to a finance rep at BCT and have all your documents (Marriage Certificate, lease, etc.)
        I don't remember getting family separation at BCT, but I definitely got it at BOLC.

Comment

I received BAH and Separation Pay during basic training. (2011)

Comment

Working...
          X