X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Question

So i'm going to try and make this short...
    I re-enlisted with a small window between 10k and 7500.. i re-enlisted thinking i was going to get the 10k bonus , then after the weekend i get a call from my now old unit saying i needed to come in. come to find out it got kicked back due to some error . By that time the window closed and i was only eligble for the 7500. so we re-sent the paperwork again with my new units name on it. ( NG moved quick on getting me transferred.) All this time i was thinking i was gonna get 7500.. then i got flagged for PT but got unflagged before my ETS date. I was told my bonus would be late due to me getting flagged. After making calls to the soldier support services i find out that i got unflagged the day i called and was told i need to have someone FT at my new unit call down to educational services. I then called my E7 and told him and he told me he would get it handled. So a drill goes by and i dont hear anything. so the next drill i talk to the E7 that works full time and ask him about my bonus. he sent emails to the lady who works for the payment offices. Then i was told it was sitting up at NGB waiting to be processed because i had 2 different enlistments with 2 different names on it. The last thing i know is that a exception to policy was sent up and now its the waiting game.. can anyone out there tell me how long its gonna take? i am movin in march and need the money asap!
    all this takes place between nov 2012 and present
    thank you

Re: Bonus Question

I'm confused why there were two different names and two different enlistments? This is the hang up that doesn't make sense to me. Either way, to my knowledge, there's no time frame for approvals. Perhaps someone with more in depth experience with the waiver process can chime in.

Comment

By the time we relized there was a mistake i had already been transfered to my new unit. My new unit was to far away for me to drive down there we did all the paper work at my now old unit but then sent it to them for them to sign it. hince why there is 2 dif names

Comment

heres an update! Your ETP was submitted by state to NGB on 30
        January 2013. There is no further status. The state is waiting on approval
        from NGB.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Koehler View Post
          heres an update! Your ETP was submitted by state to NGB on 30
          January 2013. There is no further status. The state is waiting on approval
          from NGB.
          Great! Hopefully, it will won't be a long wait.

Comment

SOOOO heres another update for those wondering.. i am attending drill this weekend and i was told "hey go talk to "SFC N" so i did and he then told me " well it got kicked back to state and you need to write a memoradem on what happen and that ,that should fix the problem... anyone else have a issue like this before? i feel like i am getting "f'ed up" pretty bad with the army.. i have had 7 great years of service never been awol, pass PT ,do everything i am suppose to and i feel like the NGB just wants me out..

Comment

Assuming your user name is your real name, your ETP appears to have been resubmitted to PEC/NGB on 8May2013.

Historically, ETPs in my state average 110 days from submission to determination. Some are quicker, many are a lot longer.

Assuming your ETP is approved, your payment will have to go through the normal payment channels - another several weeks.

Be patient - follow up in 4 months. It stinks to have to go through this, but you're not getting "f'ed up".

Comment

Working...
              X