X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gi bill/kicker benefits

I am getting ready to re enlist in the national guard. I originally enlisted in 1998 and was discharged in 2002 with an re code of 3 due to missed drills. In 2006-2007 i did a trial one and left with an re 1. Upon re enlisting now would i be eligible to to receive gi bill benefits while drilling and if not is there something i could do to fix it? Thanks!y recruiter was fuzzy on this. I called the gi bill va and she said i would be ok as long as i was drilling just wanted to make sure.

Re: Gi bill/kicker benefits

Originally posted by tray View Post
    I am getting ready to re enlist in the national guard. I originally enlisted in 1998 and was discharged in 2002 with an re code of 3 due to missed drills. In 2006-2007 i did a trial one and left with an re 1. Upon re enlisting now would i be eligible to to receive gi bill benefits while drilling and if not is there something i could do to fix it? Thanks!y recruiter was fuzzy on this. I called the gi bill va and she said i would be ok as long as i was drilling just wanted to make sure.
    One question. With try one, upon completion, you could have re-enlisted to a six-year contract. Why didn't you back in 2007?

Yes, once you are a contracted Soldier, you are eligible for benefits unless flagged.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X