X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is USAA Insurance any good?

I've been wondering about USAA for a while now. I've heard that Auto-Insurance is really cheap from some Army and Marine guys I know. But an Ex-Guardsman that works with my dad just got discharged and got a new truck and that insurance is really high.

Is that because he just got out? Anyone have USAA know if it's as good or better than only insurance companies?

Re: Is USAA Insurance any good?

It's great. I had it for years.

Comment

They are a great company. I had them for a long time. I now use AAA though, as they provide equal service and a lower price. With insurance your situation may very based off state rules and so fourth.

Comment

Had them for years. Top notch customer service and great line of services.

Comment

Do any of y'all get discounts for being Military? I want to get a Mustang sooner or later and don't want to pay an arm and a leg for just insurance.

Comment

Their only customers are military personnel.......

Now USAA has a car buying service. And it has mostly good feedback from it's customers.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
              Their only customers are military personnel.......

Now USAA has a car buying service. And it has mostly good feedback from it's customers.
              Well, I know they allow family member of a customer have policies and didn't know if they got the same rates or not. And I'll look into that!

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Oh! Can anyone give me a hint as to what they are paying so I can inform my parents? They were wondering, also.

Comment

It would be pointless since auto insurance is largely dependent on 3 things: The driver' age and their driving record, the car they drive and the state they live in.

Also.

Who is eligible?

Active, retired and honorably separated officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. military.
                  Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS).
                  Adult children whose eligible parents have or had a USAA auto or property insurance product.1
                  Widows and widowers of USAA members who have or had a USAA auto or property insurance policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Blackman View Post
                    Oh! Can anyone give me a hint as to what they are paying so I can inform my parents? They were wondering, also.
                    My family pays $737 a year for auto insurance through USAA. We have one car and it is a 2009 4 door sport Suzuki. We also are foster parents so we have to have the $500,000 liability clause.

Comment

Their rates are excellent and the more products you get through them and years of continuous service, the discounts just pile on. I have all Auto, Homeowner's, some personal property, loans, etc. through them.

The only downfall (if you look at it that way) is no local service; however, everything is very easily done over the phone or online. Everything can be done in mere minutes. They also have agreements with several partners (UPS stores, etc.) so you can do instant check deposits, and they refund all ATM fees since unless you are in TX or DC you aren't going to find a USAA ATM.

IMHO You can't go wrong with USAA.

Comment

Originally posted by eqmcclure View Post
                        That is the BLUF right there.

Comment

Originally posted by eqmcclure View Post
                          I wouldn't do a mortgage with them. Google and you'll hear a lot of horror stories about them being slow on the uptake that has cost some potential buyers the home they wanted. I'm happy with their other services, but wouldn't do a mortgage through them. I also don't do car just because I found their rates compatible with the other cheapies (Geico, AAA, etc.) for what I drive.

Comment

I called USAA last night. They quoted me $816 per six month premium vs. my $500 per six month premium with Geico.

Comment

Everyone assesses cars, location and the driver differently. Thankfully it's one type of service that's fairly easy to shop around for.

Comment

Working...
                              X