X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SRIP for FY 13. Effective 01Jan13-30Sep13

FYI--A new SRIP has been released for FY 13! I'm in the process of going through all the stickies to make sure there aren't any discrepancies as well as posting the memo for reference.

Please keep an eye out for any updates!
    Last edited by B.Wood; January 3rd, 2013, 01:19 PM.

Re: New SRIP for FY 13. Effective 01Jan13-30Sep13

ALL: Please review the SLRP sticky. There are numerous changes/clarifications/updates that were made: SLRP

Comment

I don't generally ask many questions, but I've got one for you.

Background: I enlisted as a 09S and am currently in a Traditional OCS program. At time of enlistment (August 2011), I was told 09S applicants could not apply for or receive SLRP. I found the NGB policy memorandum stating otherwise but was still denied. At the time of enlistment I was qualified to receive it and my student loan was also eligible. I enlisted anyway and probably should have faught harder for it.

While I was attached to the state RRBN for OCS preparation, our cadre had a few of us that had this same issue. They talked with the State Education Office and they were given a scenario that we could sign a conract extension (adding a 1 year service obligation) thus allowing us to take the benefit, since we were otherwise qualified at the time of enlistment but were told by our recruiters that we weren't. Anyone ever heard of that?

Nothing every materialized out of this though, so ere I am with no SLRP. Is there any way to get it or am I SOL?

Comment

I've heard of others having this problem (or maybe it was from you in a previous post. lol), but other than what the SRIP states, I'm not familiar with exceptions for an OCS applicant that has already commissioned.

Comment

Working...
        X