X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veterinary Services

I am a current member of the National Guard, and for serveral years I have been using the Veterinary Services at our local AF base. I recently went in to scheduled an appointment and I was told I am not allowed to use these services as a Guard member. When I asked why the sudden change I was told the rule was always there, but it was never inforced. I asked to see the regulation that stated I was not eligible, but no reference was given. My question is, are Guard members authorized to use the veterinary services? Thanks for the help

Re: Veterinary Services

Originally posted by rlsaws View Post
    I am a current member of the National Guard, and for serveral years I have been using the Veterinary Services at our local AF base. I recently went in to scheduled an appointment and I was told I am not allowed to use these services as a Guard member. When I asked why the sudden change I was told the rule was always there, but it was never inforced. I asked to see the regulation that stated I was not eligible, but no reference was given. My question is, are Guard members authorized to use the veterinary services? Thanks for the help
    You are not authorized to use most services on a military installation unless you are on active duty. To include medical care, dental, veterinary and so fourth.

This is out of an army regulation, but the air force would have the same rule...

3–4. Privately owned animals
    a. The Commander, VETCOM or the overseas MACOM veterinarian outside of VETCOM’s area of responsibility
    will establish the extent to which veterinary services are authorized for animals owned by personnel authorized DOD
    medical care; that is, those persons enrolled in the Defense Enrollment/Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). Unless
    otherwise specified, authorized veterinary services will be the same for personnel living off the installation as for those
    living on the installation, and for both active-duty and retired personnel.

Comment

Working...
    X