Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about BAH (I have a dependent)

My question IS:

My daughter and I live together and my parents house. My parents and I just made a notarized rental contract last month where I pay them $400 per month.
    I ship out on 20130521. Am I eligible to receive BAH?

Also, is it true that in NC I do not even need proof of a lease/rent if I have a dependent?
    Last edited by lwvines; December 4th, 2012, 12:18 PM.

Re: Question about BAH (I have a dependent)

Hi, my name is Mr_Loki, I'm here to moderate the possible bloodshed argument that might occur during the answering of this question.

Just throwing that out there!

Also, I'm not 100% on the answer, so I don't want to get yelled at/give you wrong information.

Comment

You would need the lease/mortgage if you were single with no dependents. If you have custody of your child, then that would also qualify you for BAH.

Where the "bloodshed" comes from is the argument over whether or not a lease from a family member is valid. IMHO, it'd valid and is upon the SM and their family to correctly account for the income.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
        Where the "bloodshed" comes from is the argument over whether or not a lease from a family member is valid. IMHO, it'd valid and is upon the SM and their family to correctly account for the income.
        It's rumored all the time, but there is nothing in the financial management regulation that states this. I'm with you, a valid lease, is a valid lease. This is twice I agree with you today..what is happening.

Comment

Working...
        X