X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRICARE Rate changes for 2013

Beginning January 1st, 2013 the rates for TRICARE Reserve Select will change. Furthermore, payments will only be accepted by automatic payment via debit/credit card or EFT. Check out TRICARE's website for more information: TRICARE
    Last edited by RyCass; October 4th, 2012, 10:46 AM. Reason: Clarification

Re: TRICARE Rate changes for 2013

Yeah for forced payment! Yeah for higher rates......hip hip....I thought the affordable care act was going to make insurance cheaper....

Comment

First off the rates decrease for single soldiers and increase only by a couple dollars for those requiring family coverage. Auto payments will save a great deal of troubles with inadvertently cancelled coverage. As far as premium amounts, TRS is a government funded STEAL! The customer premiums are so low, they rival some of the top employer plans found anywhere outside the military...furthermore, there are nearly ZERO examples of such a fantastic cost sharing program for extremely part time employees (average of 10 hours a week). This benefit is arguably the greatest benefit to hit the reserve components in decades. Bottom line, this IS affordable care. Everyone should be so fortunate.

Comment

Actually the premiums have risen for both singles and families since I've been in 45/187. I don't like to have anyone automatically charging my bank account. Maybe you do, but people should not be coerced to pay automatic EFT. Some of us still believe in freedom.

Along with changes in coverage such as $12 prescriptions, when it used to be $3. Seems like it's become less affordable....so much for affordability.
        Last edited by Chaplain4me; October 3rd, 2012, 06:05 PM.

Comment

YAY! lower payment. TRICARE is a steal for insurance. In network deductables are stupid low. Though finding in network care is a PITA. I go to a walk in clinic because its the closes place within 20 miles of my house. The Dr who runs it said he would be more than happy to be my primary care physician. He opened his clinic a couple month after retiring from active duty.

At my work we have what is considered REALLY good insurance and rates. Here we have to pay $68 per paycheck with a $500 deductable. That works out to be $1365 per month. Swtiching to TRICARE was a no-brainer.

Comment

It's good insurance.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
              I don't like to have anyone automatically charging my bank account. Maybe you do, but people should not be coerced to pay automatic EFT.
              Its not coercion...if people want a product, they must comply with the requirements the seller puts in place. No one is forcing them to keep TRS if they don't want auto payments.

Comment

Working...
              X