X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military ID Card

I am going to get my ID card on Sept 25th 2012 do I get the card the same day or have to wait thank you

Re: Military ID Card

--Same day--

Comment

Thank you so much

Comment

I have an additional question...already have my ID but I've had a promotion since then, should I bother going in to the armory to get a new card or just wait to get another issued to me at BCT?

Comment

Originally posted by Solrider View Post
          I have an additional question...already have my ID but I've had a promotion since then, should I bother going in to the armory to get a new card or just wait to get another issued to me at BCT?
          What were you promoted to? I believe that unless you are getting promoted to E4 or above, some ID card sections won't issue you a new one since you'll get another promotion in the near future.

Comment

Depends on the rank. My ID card said I was an e1 for about two and a half years until I made e5. Then my promotion orders said it was mandatory I get a new one within 30 days.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
              What were you promoted to? I believe that unless you are getting promoted to E4 or above, some ID card sections won't issue you a new one since you'll get another promotion in the near future.
              It's E-5....and the reasoning behind it is that it puts you in a different Geneva Conventions category, which is annotated on the card.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                It's E-5....and the reasoning behind it is that it puts you in a different Geneva Conventions category, which is annotated on the card.
                Actually, I'm seeing in AR 600-8-14, Table 13.1, that for Reserve components a CAC card can be re-issued for promotion providing the rank is E-3 or above for enlisted and O-1 for Officers. In my personal experience, I rarely had a problem with my Soldiers getting their ID cards changed when they got E-4. Perhaps there's some difference between ID card sections and how often they prefer to re-issue ID cards.
                Last edited by RyCass; September 20th, 2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
                  Actually, I'm seeing in AR 600-8-14, Table 13.1, that for Reserve components a CAC card can be re-issued for promotion providing the rank is E-3 or above for enlisted and O-1 for Officers. In my personal experience, I rarely had a problem with my Soldiers getting their ID cards changed when they got E-4. Perhaps there's some difference between ID card sections and how often they prefer to re-issue ID cards.
                  Sure, "can be"....I also can go get another one just because I want to. I am talking about mandatory. When you are promoted to E-5, your promotion orders will "order" you to get another one.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                    Sure, "can be"....I also can go get another one just because I want to. I am talking about mandatory. When you are promoted to E-5, your promotion orders will "order" you to get another one.
                    I believe I understand what you're trying to say. But I want to make it clear to those that read this thread. You cannot just go to an ID card section anytime you want and request a new card. You have to have a valid reason. When it comes to promotion, you "can" get a new card when promoted to E3 or above. And yes, when you become an NCO, it is required you have an ID card with the correct rank on it.
                    Last edited by RyCass; September 20th, 2012, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Part of my job is making ID Cards. Yes, we do not have to make a new one unless its a promotion to E5 (and others above that) because the Geneva Convention Cat changes. Cards are expensive and time consuming, generally we dont do them unless you are 30 days out from your experation date, E4-E5 promotion and promotions after that, or the card is bad (computer wont read it, guard cannot see a good pic of you).

Comment

I was promoted to E-4 and I still need to get my Army email added to the card, so I have two things to update.

So, now, should I just wait until I arrive at reception or is it imperative that I get it updated before I leave?

Comment

Updates are always welcomed. It is much less time consuming and it doesnt cost as much money as a new card. If it is a slow day at the RAPIDS Office (card place) while you get the card updated you can ask about a new one for the promotion, they might do it.

You dont NEED to get that updated before leaving but its exciting to be around all that stuff while you are waiting to go to training, it doesnt hurt to get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by WIBecky74 View Post
                            Part of my job is making ID Cards. Yes, we do not have to make a new one unless its a promotion to E5 (and others above that) because the Geneva Convention Cat changes. Cards are expensive and time consuming, generally we dont do them unless you are 30 days out from your experation date, E4-E5 promotion and promotions after that, or the card is bad (computer wont read it, guard cannot see a good pic of you).
                            E-5 to E-9 is the same geneva convetions category.

Comment

Working...
                            X