X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bah

I know this has been addressed many times...... but I keep reading conflicting information. My Husband is a prior service member (US Army Infantry 2000-2004) and would like to join the National Guards. We live in a remote area of CA and there are two duty locations available for him (both are over 5o miles away in opposite directions). The problem is according to the calculator one has a BAH of around 900.00 and the other of 1800.00, that is a big difference (especially when he is the sole provider with dependents and a mortgage). When he gets deployed will we receive BAH and will it be based on: duty location zip, home residence zip or something else...?
    Thank you for taking the time to help us out and I apologize if my terminology is not correct. Also, he has spoken with a Recruiter who was unable to answer the question……….

Re: Bah

Originally posted by KL2008 View Post
    I know this has been addressed many times...... but I keep reading conflicting information. My Husband is a prior service member (US Army Infantry 2000-2004) and would like to join the National Guards. We live in a remote area of CA and there are two duty locations available for him (both are over 5o miles away in opposite directions). The problem is according to the calculator one has a BAH of around 900.00 and the other of 1800.00, that is a big difference (especially when he is the sole provider with dependents and a mortgage). When he gets deployed will we receive BAH and will it be based on: duty location zip, home residence zip or something else...?
    Thank you for taking the time to help us out and I apologize if my terminology is not correct. Also, he has spoken with a Recruiter who was unable to answer the question……….
    When he gets deployed, his BAH will be based off of whatever zipcode is listed as his home on his mobilization orders. Once those orders are cut, it will not be changed for the duration of the deployment, so ensure your address is up to date with the unit.

Comment

Re: Bah

I am surprised a recruiter could not answer this for you. This is pretty common knowledge.

Comment

Working...
      X