X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay stub HELP PLEASE

So to make a long story short for me, basically i was enlisted in the Army reserves and got dropped. But even 9 months later im still getting pay stubs from them? I'm worried i have a to owe them money but is that even possible? Im currently trying to join the NG and i live in ny. If you want to read more on that i have another post at http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...otivation-Help

But has anyone every heard of something like this? please help with any info i will post a pic of the pay stub i get in the mail every month.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6daf5ce423a19a01aa6b5db23740cc3e.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	359

Re: Pay stub HELP PLEASE

Total guess here.

You're setup to have the SGLI deducted from your drill check. However, since you're not drilling anymore (no income to deduct it from)...it's showing up as debt.

Why has 9 months gone by and you've not called DFAS?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
      Total guess here.

You're setup to have the SGLI deducted from your drill check. However, since you're not drilling anymore (no income to deduct it from)...it's showing up as debt.

Why has 9 months gone by and you've not called DFAS?
      So do i actually owe that money?? Also i never went to one drill if that matters. And i never though of calling them but i don't have their number anyway. Im working with a recruiter so it diddnt cross my mind. But i have called the unit that sends it to me. The number and address is in my contract and no one ever picks up or has a voice mail. Also when i went to the adress in person to settle it, the place was shut down.

Comment

Pay stub or actual money going into your account? When I switched from NG to AD; there was still NG LES appearing in DFAS that I had zero money coming to me. It was listed on my new AD LES.

If you are still receiving pay in your direct deposit; I will not spend it and call DFAS (number is on the LES). If not; do not worry about it.

Again, it is not pay stub; it is LES (leave and earnings statement)

Comment

You actually have two problems.

First, you're still in the USAR. So that means you can't join the NG until they discharge you. Second, yes you owe that money. This is to protect the SM in case they couldn't pay one month such as no drill ect.

Comment

I just saw the .jpg file he attached. I see a bunch of zeros. Nevertheless, just call for answers to get clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post

First, you're still in the USAR. So that means you can't join the NG until they discharge you. Second, yes you owe that money. This is to protect the SM in case they couldn't pay one month such as no drill ect.
              Yeah, that's what it looks like and thats why you keep accruing the debt.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post

The OP only owes SGLI debt for the months he was assigned to a TPU drilling unit, even if he didn't drill. Once he was discharged that debt should have stopped, but that doesn't mean it did.

OP, verify your discharge date if one exists, then call DFAS and ensure they process that information correctly.

Comment

This is from this other thread and useful to this one.

And the reason it has been taking so long is because around dec of 2011 i was enlisted in the Army Reserves, but then got dropped in about a month for 3 tickets i got.
                  So you literally swore in and were (suppose to be) terminated in a span of a month? Correct?

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                    The OP only owes SGLI debt for the months he was assigned to a TPU drilling unit, even if he didn't drill. Once he was discharged that debt should have stopped, but that doesn't mean it did.

OP, verify your discharge date if one exists, then call DFAS and ensure they process that information correctly.
                    He probably hasn't been discharged. Discharge packets like his are a pain as they need information from MEPS not too mention there's probably more to this then a few speeding tickets.

Comment

yes that is correct. was early DEC of 2011 and they told me i got kicked out because of my tickets. I signd i piece of paper and i wish i could go back in time so i could have a copy for myself. As stupid as this will sound i diddn't really read the paper. I was mad that i got dropped and very upset with myself and the whole time i was working to get my tickets dropped and ready to try again.

Comment

Thanks for all you advise guys. Basically im hoping that "fmcityslicker" is right because it would be really unfair if i owe 200 dollars and no one told me anything once they dropped me and also that i never went to ONE drill ever. And i will call a number from there website and try to get some answers, ill have to call tomorrow and ill give an update.

And to "Redleg" working with a NG recruiter i was told i was not discharged, and that i need a discharge paper or a release paper. But the Unit i would have been assigned to doesn't answer their phone has no voice mail and the building looks shut down. So i cannot get that paper. ALSO to make things ever more a mess my recruiter has been working with someone over the phone and early today he said she couldn't find any information on me and that im not in the "system". I was really hoping that she could find some information on me so i can figure out what to do. Now i guess it back to the start with this new LES problem.

So if i was discharged i need a piece of paper that seems impossible to get.
                        If i was never discharged i need a release form.
                        And according to one SGT over the phone Im not in any system.
                        Last edited by Mroviezzo; September 5th, 2012, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Quick update if anyone cares. I finally found the unit im in because they moved locations and i do owe that money and im starting my discharge packet. wish me luck lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mroviezzo View Post
                            Quick update if anyone cares. I finally found the unit im in because they moved locations and i do owe that money and im starting my discharge packet. wish me luck lol
                            Sorry to hear that but I thought you were already discharged. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                              Sorry to hear that but I thought you were already discharged. Good luck to you.
                              Thanks man. ill post if i ever get a second chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X