Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collecting unemployment after OSUT training?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Collecting unemployment after OSUT training?

    Just got back from osut training for 31B, I was told at training that when I come back I could collect unemployment untill I get back on my feet. I'm from NJ, any ideas/thoughts about this?

  • #2
    Re: Collecting unemployment after OSUT training?

    Who told you this? I thought it was for active duty vets that were eligible. Go to your nearest unemployment with your documents to see if you are eligible.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Collecting unemployment after OSUT training?

      Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
      Who told you this? I thought it was for active duty vets that were eligible. Go to your nearest unemployment with your documents to see if you are eligible.
      It's what most of my fellow trainees had plans to do, however I don't really like the option just wanted info on it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Collecting unemployment after OSUT training?

        Ok, here is a link even though you might not like it.


        http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/l...ml#Eligibility

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Collecting unemployment after OSUT training?

          Generally speaking no. To collect unemployment on the basis of an Active Duty Separation (even ifyou remain in the reserves/guard) you will be required to submit you DD-214 to make a claim. They will not allow a DD-214 that reads "active duty for training" to collect unemployment in most cases.

          If you were mobilizaed for a year, it is a totally different story, not to mention your DD-214 would read differently.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Collecting unemployment after OSUT training?

            Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
            Generally speaking no. To collect unemployment on the basis of an Active Duty Separation (even ifyou remain in the reserves/guard) you will be required to submit you DD-214 to make a claim. They will not allow a DD-214 that reads "active duty for training" to collect unemployment in most cases.

            If you were mobilizaed for a year, it is a totally different story, not to mention your DD-214 would read differently.
            Exactly. And if OSUT was your sole time for employment, I think you will only be eligible for a small amount of benefit for a short duration (e.g. 75 bucks a week for two months). Just kidding. Paralegal is right but if you want to confirm, call or go to your local unemployment office (or check the link I provided) for details.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Collecting unemployment after OSUT training?

              Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
              Exactly. And if OSUT was your sole time for employment, I think you will only be eligible for a small amount of benefit for a short duration (e.g. 75 bucks a week for two months). Just kidding. Paralegal is right but if you want to confirm, call or go to your local unemployment office (or check the link I provided) for details.
              Thanks everyone!

              Comment

              Working...
              X