X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to ask for???

My fiance is a srg in the army national guard something abput an E5, He is getting deployed in 19 months but is to embarrassed to ask what all help we currently or will qualify for. Right now we are not married but we are expecting a child and he has one that lives with us full time and once we are married he will have two step children. I heard from a few other soldiers that there is some type of program once you become an E5 that will help with rent and I have also heard about BAH but I dont know what either are or what we have to do to qualify who would he talk to and what would he ask for?

Re: what to ask for???

I'm only going to lightly assume chasing of the tags.

That being said, while deployed, your husband will get BAH w/ Dependents. But let me make it clear to you that as a fiance, the Army doesn't recognize you. Only marriages. He will also receive extra money for any of his kids under the age of 18. If he were married, he would get separation pay (unless sep pay is with children, too).

The National Guard offers tons of help for families while the Soldier is overseas and even back home.

A more personal question: He has a kid and you are about to have a kid. When you're married, why would HE 'inherit" two step-children?

Comment

In addition to what Mr_Loki, I would recommend taking a look at the National Guard website for some general information on how the National Guard pay works: http://bit.ly/NWb8Io

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
        A more personal question: He has a kid and you are about to have a kid. When you're married, why would HE 'inherit" two step-children?
        That confused me as well...well, most of that post confused me actually.

Comment

What in the world are you trying to say OP?

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
            What in the world are you trying to say OP?
            Basically she is saying that she is engaged to a military guy, knows him well enough to say that he is a "srg in the army national guard something", and wants to know what freebies and benefits she can milk while the man is away doing his job.
            Last edited by ParalegalNCO1; July 20th, 2012, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
              Basically she is saying that she is engaged to a military guy, knows him well enough to say that he is a "srg in the army national guard something", and wants to know what freebies and benefits she can milk while the man is away doing his job.
              I'm not ashamed to admit that I was actually waiting for you to comment on this thread.

Comment

"It's a trap!" ~ Admiral Akbar

Comment

Sigh.... if only she was more intelligent, she might be more successful.

Comment

I have two children already so when we get married they will be his step children. I would hope that people who are suppose to be "defending" our country would be a little smarter. Also I am NOT trying to milk anything I work very hard going to school and working I just wanted to know if all the bill paying and child costs would be up to me. I already know alot will be offered to me and my children once we are married and I am not applying for any of it. It is not your place to judge anyone on any subject and to just assume that someone wants every bit of what crummy benifets come from the gaurd is wrong I can do just fine myself you people make it look like gaurdsmen don't want to helptheir families when they are gone. Thank you so much for judging me and putting down just because i wanted to know what my child would get for having to go so long without her father.

Comment

Working...
                    X