X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlistment Bonus Question

I am currently looking into joining the guard. I was just told that you cannot get the enlistment bonus which is still advertised on the guard's website any longer for non-prior service people. Here is the link.

http://www.nationalguard.com/benefit...listment-bonus

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

Re: Enlistment Bonus Question

Bonuses are far and few. And even if you got one, I bet you'd nab no more than a few thousand bucks. And Uncle Sam would tax you about 30% of that anyway. My advice, pretend they do not even exist when considering enlistment.

Comment

Even with the program they have listed on their website with the non-prior military service? (the link)

Comment

Originally posted by howardd18 View Post
        Even with the program they have listed on their website with the non-prior military service? (the link)
        You must be enlisted in a designated critical skill to either a Modified Table of Organization & Equipment (MTOE), Aviation Classification and Repair Activity Depot (AVCRAD), Regional Training Institute (RTI); or a Medical, Special Forces or deploying Table of Distribution and Allowance (TDA) unit. Your recruiter can explain these terms.
        Last edited by SF Hunter; May 24th, 2012, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I did not know that TDA units could deploy. I mean you could work in a hospital which is TDA but be PROFIS/augmented to deploy.

Comment

Working...
          X