Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Question about the 2nd half of my 50/50 bonus....its kinda tricky! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the 2nd half of my 50/50 bonus....its kinda tricky!

My situation is this....

I joined the GA National Guard on 13 Aug 2007 and recieved the first half of my bonus. I was due the 2nd half on 13 Aug 2010, but due to herniated discs in my back I was placed on Inactive Guard (ING) on 25 May 2010 (3 months before I was to receive the 2nd half of my bonus).

After being on the ING for 2 years, I finally was able to come back to active status on 30 Apr 2012. In order to be eligible for my bonus, I was told that I must extend my contract for the 2 years I was on the ING. I have done this, and now my question pertains to when I can get my bonus.

Would I be able to get the other half of the bonus right away, since the date I was supposed to recieve it already passed; or would I have to drill for 3 months before I could get it (due to that being the time I was short of the midway point when I was put on ING)?

I know 3 months isnt a long time, but right now...I am in some financial hardship and could really use that money. I asked my units' Education/Benefits NCO and he did not know the exact answer to this and said we'll just have to wait til the extention gets to state to know for sure.

I would appreciate any help on this.....

Re: Question about the 2nd half of my 50/50 bonus....its kinda tricky!

it often takes 3 months to get it even for people not in this situation. I'd be shocked if you got it before 3 months.

Comment

Believe me...I know the process time is usually 90 days once its actualy put in for. That's why I am asking. If I have to wait 3 months before it can even be submitted, then Im looking at Nov/Dec before I'll actually recieve it.

However, if it could be submitted as soon as my extention hits the state level, then Im looking at Jul/Aug to recieve it.

If I wasnt in such a world of hurt financially right now, this wouldnt be such a big deal....but I am, so that's why I am asking.

Comment

Go straight to the source:
        Contact GA's ESO (MAJ Lipper) and inquire directly.

His contact info is at the bottom of the page here: http://www.jfhq-ga.com/education/

Comment

Is there still a "chain of command"??? I know it sounds a little awkward...but it works if used properly!

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC View Post
            Is there still a "chain of command"??? I know it sounds a little awkward...but it works if used properly!
            I was wondering if anyone could help me out here...

My units Education/Benefits NCO will not return any emails/calls; as I am trying to find out about the second half of my bonus. My units chain of command is saying to just contact the Edu/Ben NCO, so basically just giant circles.

I was trying to find out who the next person in the "chain" would be that I could contact. Someone probably at State HQ that is not the top dog. I dont want to be calling a Major or Colonel about my situation, I just want someone who can give me answers.

I looked on my IPERMS, and all my original contract info is on there (to include my bonus schedule); so everything is there for them to look at. I just want to know what's going on and when is it even going to be processed. I came off ING status on 30 Apr, so its been 3 months since I've been back, so it should be in process of being paid by now, but just want some kind of confirmation. Especially if they need anything else from me to make it happen; I would like to know.

Any information anyone could give would be appreciate it.

Thanks!

Comment

Ok, now that I'm re-reading everything (and actually paying attention to the ING stuff you said), I "think" you'll have to wait 2 more years. When your in the ING all of your time is basically put on pause, so that time going towards recieving your bonus also should have been paused. I could be wrong, but I think that may be the problem here.

Comment

Working...
              X