Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I eligible for BAH?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Am I eligible for BAH?

    My husband receives veteran's disability benefits and we have no children.

  • #2
    Re: Am I eligible for BAH?

    Originally posted by paradigmscout View Post
    My husband receives veteran's disability benefits and we have no children.
    I initially didn't realize your question was asked with YOU as the servicemember, not your husband. Your husband's VA disability is inconsequential. While on active duty (for training or otherwise) you will recieve BAH (with dependents) for the BAH geographical region that your Home of Record zip code falls into.

    The DFAS website has an excellent military pay compensation calculator that will give you the exact amount of pay you can expect while on active duty. Visit:

    http://militarypay.defense.gov/pay/calc/index.html
    Last edited by Mongoose772; May 7th, 2012, 01:56 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Am I eligible for BAH?

      Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
      Your husband's VA disability is inconsequential. While on active duty (for training or otherwise) you will recieve BAH (with dependents) for the BAH geographical region that your Home of Record zip code falls into.
      Oh that's sort of what I was asking. We have no children, it's just us. Does he count as a dependent and will I receive BAH for being married if it's just us?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Am I eligible for BAH?

        Originally posted by paradigmscout View Post
        Oh that's sort of what I was asking. We have no children, it's just us. Does he count as a dependent and will I receive BAH for being married if it's just us?
        I'm a bit confused here. Are either you or your husband a Soldier in the Army National Guard, currently drilling with a unit?

        BAH is an entitlement of active duty service, meant to give Soldiers the same living standards no matter whether they are stationed in Manhattan, NY or Manhattan, KS.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Am I eligible for BAH?

          Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
          I'm a bit confused here. Are either you or your husband a Soldier in the Army National Guard, currently drilling with a unit?

          BAH is an entitlement of active duty service, meant to give Soldiers the same living standards no matter whether they are stationed in Manhattan, NY or Manhattan, KS.

          Sir, I suffered similar confusion as to who the current servicemember was when I first answered the post. I ended up looking at the OP other posts to determine "she" is the servicemember who will be attending IADT ostensibly. So her question really was does would she recieve BAH during her BCT/AIT and would she collect at the dependent rate if her husband were the only other family member.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Am I eligible for BAH?

            Originally posted by paradigmscout View Post
            Oh that's sort of what I was asking. We have no children, it's just us. Does he count as a dependent and will I receive BAH for being married if it's just us?
            Yes you will. Use the calculator link I posted for a near exact amount.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Am I eligible for BAH?

              Thank you so much for the info and the link, and sorry for not being more specific. You got it, though, that's what I meant.

              Comment

              Working...
              X