X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incentives?

I'm going to meps this week to swear in, but my recruiter now tells me there is no SLRP now. I have completed the U.T.I. program now I need to start paying off loans. Because of my schooling will I get E2? I hear so many different stories.

Re: Incentives?

I heard SLRP was going away but I didn't know it would be this soon! How many credits did you end up with at UTI?

For E-3: "Has successfully completed 2 or more academic years of a postsecondary vocational-technical school and has received a certificate of training attesting to successful completion of the course. The school must be listed in the AIPE"

Comment

Universal Technical Institute? If so, what did you think of them? I've read a lot of negative stuff...... :\

Comment

Awesome!!!! If you apply yourself and motivated to learn. I was a night student, didn't have the f- ups around me to lose my focus. They provide a good foundation of auto knowledge. Plus if you get grants and Aid that helps too.
        I graduated with the Auto Core program, plus I have my Ford Fact Credentials as well.

Comment

Really E2, I went to AAI and got 66 units. I wonder if I could get E2, I was told it has to be from a accredited college, which AAI.

Comment

Update- my MOS doesn't apply for slrp, but I received an E3 and received a 15T for a job. I'm stokked. My contract is 3x5, no kicker or money for school. But my re-up is when I ask for slrp and all the goodies for school.

Comment

Why would you do a 3x5????? Because he told you that you would have more goodies in 3 years to re-up for????

Comment

Have you done 3x5? I plan on working on my ASE MASTER'S. No need for school benefits or promotions. NG will be my third job, but my first priority. What is retention for then?

Comment

Woa woa what is 3x5 and SLRP? You don't need a ASE masters its not worth it I had them last year and I'm only keeping two valid for my jobs ASE pay.Every job I've been two dosnt give a **** about ASE'S.

Comment

ASE It's just another milestone for me, 3X5= 3 YR ACTIVE, 5 YR NON ACTIVE, no school benefits. SLRP= STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT PROGRAM.

Comment

Is SLRP going away for the Guard or the entire Army?

Comment

I'm kinda trying to find out more about somethings, and will ask my recruiter more too. Ive enlisted as a 19D, 6X2, and I ask these questions only because I have a family to take care of, its not my sole motivation for enlisting and being a 19D-hopeful. Questions are:

How can I find all the incentives and benefits for the CA ARNG? What benefits should I have for contracting 6X2? (as oppose 3X5)
                        Should I have received SLRP for 19D
                        How can I receive any education benefits? When am I eligible? And start that, do I go to my recruiter or my unit commander?
                        Last, how so can you change MOS? Do you have to wait 6 years?

Any Help would be appreciated. Hooah.

Comment

I'm kinda trying to find out more about somethings, and will ask my recruiter more too. Ive enlisted as a 19D, 6X2, and I ask these questions only because I have a family to take care of, its not my sole motivation for enlisting and being a 19D-hopeful. Questions are:

How can I find all the incentives and benefits for the CA ARNG? What benefits should I have for contracting 6X2? (as oppose 3X5)
                          Should I have received SLRP for 19D
                          How can I receive any education benefits? When am I eligible? And start that, do I go to my recruiter or my unit commander?
                          Last, how so can you change MOS? Do you have to wait 6 years?

Any Help would be appreciated. Hooah.

Comment

SLRP is *not* going away. SRIP (Selected Reserve Incentives Program) policy 12-01 just went into effect 5Jun. SLRP is definitely included in the new policy.

Individual states are not required to allocate funding to it, though almost all states do.

Here are the high pointsfor qualification at enlistment/affiliation:
                            Up to $50,000 in qualified Loans can be eligible for repayment.
                            Soldiers cannot receive OAB, OAFB, CLRP, HPLRP simultaneously with this incentive.
                            Must have one or more qualified Title IV Federal Loans not in default and disbursed at time of reenlistment/Extension.
                            NPS: Enlist for 6 year term in a Critical Skill Vacancy w/AFQT 50.
                            PS: Enlist for 6 year term DMOSQ in a Vacancy w/AFQT 31. (Soldier must be E-7 and below with NOT MORE THAN 14 yrs TIS at enlistment/affiliation).

Current National Guard: Reenlist/Extend DMOSQ to equal 6 years as primary slot holder. (Soldier must be E-7 and below with NOT MORE THAN 14 yrs TIS at reenlistment/extension and reenlist/extend for SLRP in 365-91 day window).

HOWEVER, don't take my word for it. Contact your state's ESO for a detailed brief.

Comment

Here is kind of an odd question. If someone already has SLRP in their contract, uses it, accrues more student loans in the meantime that the GI Bill and Tuition Assistance wouldn't cover, would you be able to get SLRP again in your reenlistment contract to take care of the additional loans?

Comment

Working...
                              X