X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about current SLRP for current Recruiters

If you enlisted and got the 20K SLRP for a 6x2. What, if any, additional SLRP can you receive for re-enlistment/commisioning/or getting out and enlisting again. Is there anything available?
    Last edited by ParalegalNCO1; February 2nd, 2012, 09:42 AM.

Re: Question about current SLRP for current Recruiters

None. You are only allowed one SLRP contract in your career.

Comment

Originally posted by 91YJ View Post
      None. You are only allowed one SLRP contract in your career.
      Thats a pretty broad statement. Are you saying career as in all services/components and statuses? I know that there are SLRP for specility programs, like active component JAG accessions and somone who got 20K SLRP in the guard would not be DQ for something like that...so please clarify.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
        Thats a pretty broad statement. Are you saying career as in all services/components and statuses? I know that there are SLRP for specility programs, like active component JAG accessions and somone who got 20K SLRP in the guard would not be DQ for something like that...so please clarify.
        You been around lawyers too long haha

Comment

That's a good question. I certainly can't speak for Active Duty programs. To be sure, I'm only speaking about National Guard while on this forum.

The policy of National Guard Soldiers not getting more than one SLRP contract has been around forever - since before my time. Current policy does not do much more than use language assuming the reader already knows about this... I can't find the source docs in my binders.

Older policy (ARNG Selected Reserve Incentive Program Guidance for FY 2007, 2008, 2009, dated 10Aug07, updated 17Feb09) states that SLRP eligible Soldiers "have not previously received the SLRP as and and enlistment, re-enlistment or extension option in the Selected Reserve." The 2005 policy uses substantially similar language.

It may go back to USC Title 37 Special Pay law. My gut tells me that it is in the DoDI, though. I've made a phone call to NGB to try to get the source docs to stand behind policy. I'll also re-read AR 135-7 and NGR 600-7 to see if it is in there.

When I get it I'll let you know - probably tomorrow morning.

Now, if you're looking at Chaplain Loan Repayment, I'd have to look at a different policy. Healthcare Loan Repayment is a different animal, as well. Please let me know if we're talking about these.

I made the assumption that we were talking about you as a 27D (I know, I know... I hassled you about making assumptions about a post... egg on my face)
          Last edited by 91YJ; February 2nd, 2012, 05:22 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
            Well he was correct on the statement that you can only recieve one SLRP Contract. The other specilty programs are not SLRP. Yes the programs are used to repay student loans but they are governed by other SMOMs. HPLRP is an entire different program. (http://www.nationalguard.com/life/in...ayment-program) CLRP (http://www.nationalguard.com/careers...s-and-benefits)

SLRP is for enlisted personel. So NPS, PS, or people entering a commisioning program (OCS) prior to commissioning.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew.tischner View Post
              Well he was correct on the statement that you can only recieve one SLRP Contract. The other specilty programs are not SLRP. Yes the programs are used to repay student loans but they are governed by other SMOMs. HPLRP is an entire different program. (http://www.nationalguard.com/life/in...ayment-program) CLRP (http://www.nationalguard.com/careers...s-and-benefits)

SLRP is for enlisted personel. So NPS, PS, or people entering a commisioning program (OCS) prior to commissioning.
              Got it. But just to make sure I've got it....You are stating that outside of special branch type programs (JAG, Chaplains, and Medical) only one SLRP is allowed. So getting out and re enlisting on OCS contract, commisioning through any source, re-enlisting in anyway shape or form, praying really hard, or anything else you can come up with, there is still no options for further SLRP. Confirm that statement for me please....

Comment

That's what I'm saying. I can't think of any way to get a second iteration of enlisted SLRP.

I went back through the regs, the DoDI, and Title 37 & Title 10 USC. I can't find it anywhere except in policy. Your state's ESO should be able to provide you with copies of the policies I mentioned above. If they can't/won't, I would be happy to give them to you.

HOWEVER, I'd like to revisit this in a month or so - my current intel says that there may be some changes in the next version of policy that could be in your favor.
                This is for you, right? I probably won't remember, you'll have to remind me...

Comment

Originally posted by 91YJ View Post
                  That's what I'm saying. I can't think of any way to get a second iteration of enlisted SLRP.

I went back through the regs, the DoDI, and Title 37 & Title 10 USC. I can't find it anywhere except in policy. Your state's ESO should be able to provide you with copies of the policies I mentioned above. If they can't/won't, I would be happy to give them to you.

HOWEVER, I'd like to revisit this in a month or so - my current intel says that there may be some changes in the next version of policy that could be in your favor.
                  This is for you, right? I probably won't remember, you'll have to remind me...
                  It is not in any of those regs and wouldnt be.

It is in SRIP. The SRIP reads that once you have accepted a enlisted load repayment program you cannot receive it again. Does not matter what anything else says. Current SRIP superceeds everything.

Comment

See my post from yesterday.

SRIP = "Selected Reserve Incentive Policy".

Policy is based on regs, DoDI, and law - in that order. Policy is the weakest of all of those things.

Current SRIP is not as clearly worded as past policies. I was trying to give Para the most complete and authoritative source doc on the subject.

Comment

Working...
                    X