X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Army grooming, appearance regs leaked

Details of the Army’s highly anticipated revisions to grooming and uniform regulations leaked online Thursday, just days before the document was set to go into effect.
    The updated Army Regulation 670-1 was approved March 6 by Army Secretary John McHugh, and it will replace more than 50 all-Army messages and include new policies on issues such as tattoos, fingernail polish and general uniform wear, the Army has said.

UPDATE: Army releases new instructions for grooming standards roll out

The Army has set deadlines for soldiers to get in compliance with its new grooming and appearance regulation once it becomes official.

The revised Army Regulation 670-1 has not been published, but Army Times this month obtained details of the new rules from a PowerPoint presentation created to educate and prepare leaders for the big unveiling.

Army officials have said the regulation will be published “any day now.”

The policy establishes tougher tattoo rules and clarifies fingernail, hair and makeup rules. It also outlines how and when uniforms should be worn.

MORE: http://www.armytimes.com/article/201...ndards-rollout

Comment

Good evening,

I have a question that I can't seem to find a solid answer to. I apologize in advance if it has already been asked.

I am a female getting ready to enlist in the ARNG. I actually have really short hair already. I don't like long hair...at all. Right now I have managed to fight the desire to cut it all off again until I can figure out HOW I am allowed to get it cut. I don't want to be THAT person that shows up to Basic with non-existent hair.

My hair is currently in the awkward grow out phase and looks like an afro. Luckily it is really thick and curly and I can manage to control it with gel...however, the back doesn't curl (yeah, I know...).

Can anyone please provide me with some sort of solid answer on how short I can go without getting in trouble and being out of regs?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I am a female and although I had long hair, I know from being at BCT, as long as you show up with it neat and out of your face (same color bobbie pins if necessary) you can get it 'fixed' once there. Females that showed up with pink or highlighted hair were taken to have it dyed one color and as long as it's out of your face and off your collar, you'll be fine. Before graduation you will go to the salon and get it done how you like (within AR 670-1).

DO NOT SHAVE YOUR HEAD or go with an extreme haircut. Short is fine and they will tell you, show you and recommend what is within regulation.

Comment

Well its official. The new AR 670-1 has been published along with the pamphlet and All Army Activity message, or ALARACT 082-2014. Effective dates are 7 days after publishing (31 MAR 2014).

http://www.army.mil/article/122978/A...tattoo_policy/

Information on the link is provided to enhance your comprehension of uniform policies established within the updated AR 670-1 and the new accompanying DA Pam: http://www.armyg1.army.mil/hr/uniform/
          Last edited by SF Hunter; April 2nd, 2014, 11:38 AM. Reason: UPDATE

Comment

Working...
          X