Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Tricare Reserve Select (TRS) counts as minimum essential coverage Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tricare Reserve Select (TRS) counts as minimum essential coverage

Tricare Reserve Select (TRS) is health insurance for the Soldier and family, available at additional cost. Coverage with TRS counts as meeting the standards for compliance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA), aka "Obamacare."

According to this law, those who do not purchase acceptable health insurance will pay an additional tax.

+1. Thanks for the info! I highly recommend soldiers that do not already have health insurance to get in on TRS. There was a soldier in my unit that thought he didn't need it and had a pool accident. He ended up breaking his spine and did not have health insurance at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
      Tricare Reserve Select (TRS) is health insurance for the Soldier and family, available at additional cost. Coverage with TRS counts as meeting the standards for compliance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA), aka "Obamacare." According to this law, those who do not purchase acceptable health insurance will pay an additional tax.
      Thank you for making soldiers aware. I'm in healthcare billing and often reservists don't know the first thing about they're coverage options. Tricare is a good insurance!

Comment

Tricare is very good. The in-network providers in some areas are hard to come by, but the coverage is actually really good. The annual deductable is really low ($50 a year for E1 - E4, $150 for E5 an above), not to mention that the premiums are much lower than most company provided health insurance. I switched to TRS a few years ago from my company provided Aetna coverage. My deductable went from $500 to $50 at the time and my premium went from $140 an month to $52.

I', very happy with my TRS coverage. No if only they can improve the In-Network provider list.

Comment

Yeah, finding an in network provider can be hard, and believe me, the cost of going to an out of network provider is horrendous. As a person who deals with patients grappling with this problem I'd urge EVERYONE to make sure that all providers are in network. As in, if you go to the ER make sure the ER physicians and the doctors are both in network. Or be prepared to do a lot of leg work to get your insurance to pay out the difference. I fully plan on switching to TRS. My deductible with Anthem is $1,500.00 a year!

Comment

Working...
          X