Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Delayed Military Paychecks...National Guard too?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Delayed Military Paychecks...National Guard too?

I was just wondering if anyone knew if the possible delayed paychecks for the military (due to the federal budget) would affect National Guardsmen as well. We're funded by the state and not the federal government, right?

Re: Possible Delayed Military Paychecks...National Guard too?

Yes, we can see a delay in paychecks.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWelch View Post
      We're funded by the state and not the federal government, right?
      Not really. Unless we are on state active duty our budget still comes from the Feds and is processed by DFAS (a federal agency).

Comment

I am active duty so I truly rely on my military pay but usually USAA and Navy Fed covers us until the BS is over.

Comment

When do they plan on this happening? Just received my end of month LES. I havent been paying attention to the news.

During the last stop in pay, USAA sent out a policy saying, "The government won't pay you, but USAA will." I think NFCU and PFCU did the same. After hearing that, I'll never leave USAA. Ever.

Comment

Delays are possible, but soldiers will still get taken care of. Then again, I am betting there is a deal cut at the last minute.....once again.

Comment

I currently work Temp Tech status for the Guard and was told that I may not be coming in to work on Tuesday if they don't pass anything. All ADOS orders will be gone, AGR's will still be working but not getting paid, and no drill.

Comment

As confirmed by Loki and I.

http://www.armytimes.com/article/201...TS02/309270013

http://www.armytimes.com/article/201...ork-pay-travel

October 1 paychecks will not be affected, regardless of whether there is a shutdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Solrider View Post
                  I currently work Temp Tech status for the Guard and was told that I may not be coming in to work on Tuesday if they don't pass anything. All ADOS orders will be gone, AGR's will still be working but not getting paid, and no drill.
                  That's what scares me, I am applying for about 10 AGR positions that closed on or by the 30th. I'm afraid that some or all will be cancelled due to funding.

Comment

We're at the end of the fiscal year anyways so most Soldiers aren't going to notice a change anyways. AGR slots are probably safe as they are programmed in. If anything, any additional orders that haven't been paid, maintenance, TDY ect will be cancelled.

Comment

I can confirm USAA and Navy Federal paying your paycheck for at least a month if you direct deposit through them. I got that same email from NFCU during the last paycheck scare, and my wife received the same from USAA.

Our drill in October got cancelled because of this whole fiasco, which sucks for me, but I'd suggest going through USAA or NFCU if you're scared of losing that pay. And because both of these banks ROCK for military members. I currently use both and couldn't be happier with their outstanding service to us.

Comment

CoC just called and said drill was cancelled for the month, so pay isn't delayed....just cut out altogether for M-Days

Comment

Your drill will quite possibly be made up at a later date. Maybe even within the month. Most of the state has moved their drill from this weekend to the third weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
                            Your drill will quite possibly be made up at a later date. Maybe even within the month. Most of the state has moved their drill from this weekend to the third weekend.
                            My husband's October drill got bumped to December, so instead of one day in December, he will have a 3-dayer.

Comment

My Red Phase RSP drill is this weekend. My recruiter has assured me it's taking place and I'll be paid. Long story short but I have absolutely no reason to trust this guy's competency at this point. A phone call to the unit (general mailbox) went unanswered. I honestly don't mind a delayed or even missed paycheck since I'm enthusiastic and new, but I'd rather not drive all the way down to Philadelphia if I don't have to.

You can understand how I'm reluctant to call anyone but my recruiter since I just swore in a week ago. Does anyone have any resources on the Philadelphia PAARNG RSP taking place this weekend? Any websites I can check? The information I have found so far is too generalized. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X