Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Delayed Military Paychecks...National Guard too?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Possible Delayed Military Paychecks...National Guard too?

Originally posted by SPIRITSRHIGH View Post
    My Red Phase RSP drill is this weekend. My recruiter has assured me it's taking place and I'll be paid. Long story short but I have absolutely no reason to trust this guy's competency at this point. A phone call to the unit (general mailbox) went unanswered. I honestly don't mind a delayed or even missed paycheck since I'm enthusiastic and new, but I'd rather not drive all the way down to Philadelphia if I don't have to.

You can understand how I'm reluctant to call anyone but my recruiter since I just swore in a week ago. Does anyone have any resources on the Philadelphia PAARNG RSP taking place this weekend? Any websites I can check? The information I have found so far is too generalized. Thanks!
    Find the number to the armory.

The MSARNG has basically pushed drills back. Technicians have been placed on furlough. Adsw/title 10 jobs vanishing. AGR hasn't been to affected though. Our IWQ was supposed to be this month and it's kicked to march.

Comment

I can't wait to see how the DoD jacks up pay because of this. I wouldn't be surprised if many soldiers received lines of debt payments on their LES or something for a drill they never attended.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
        I can't wait to see how the DoD jacks up pay because of this. I wouldn't be surprised if many soldiers received lines of debt payments on their LES or something for a drill they never attended.
        Based on when one actually drills, and when the payments get sent, a Soldier could find monthly deductions (e.g., SGLI) happen before the montly payment, and thus be in arrears for a month.

Comment

The debts are the normal ones for the insurance. You can't have a debt for pay as there's no one to input pay into the system. The ones who might have issues are the ones who are currently on orders at a school or something like that. This happened 2-3 years ago and drill was cancelled and just used those UTAs somewhere else in the year.

Comment

We drill the 3rd weekend of the month, so we're still planning on executing at this point. I've seen some email traffic that higher levels of command in the state think this could drag on to the debt ceiling deadline, which is the friday before drill. If that's the case, it's unlikely we drill in October. In the mean time, I've tasked my FTS with contingency planning for executing our planned ranges in November or December as an alternative to doing them this month.

I know plenty of technicians that have Out of Office messages up, that seem to be pretty well connected at this point, so I'm curious as to how strictly these furloughs are being enforced. Unfortunately for me, as a track unit commander, I'm dependent on a technician workforce for getting my M113s tuned up prior to using them. I didn't plan on drawing them in October, so that shouldn't be too big of a deal for me, but if this thing gets drawn out, maintenance readiness / OPTEMPO will be heavily impacted. All we can do is watch and plan, I guess.

Comment

hmmmmm......maybe no drill this month....this leaves me as an old salty dog. I was counting on that.

The TRS deduction will still hit.....a lot of soldiers' health insurance will be jacked up.
              Last edited by Chaplain4me; October 2nd, 2013, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Anyone been in iPERMS since 1 October? It's down, is this another casualty? I'm applying for AGR Jobs on a daily basis almost. Kinda ironic though, because if I get hired I won't get paid, lol.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice, guys. I got word that my drill was cancelled and the make up date will be announced. So I called my congressman (who I actually voted for) to voice some concerns. The young lady who answered the phone was polite until I heard an alarm briskly ringing, and she abruptly hung up. I was miffed, considering calling again, or writing a letter, and then I heard about the shooting in the Capitol. Two married friends I have in DC confirmed that these alarms are standard in emergencies and that's what I was hearing. I hope all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero259 View Post
                    Anyone been in iPERMS since 1 October? It's down, is this another casualty? I'm applying for AGR Jobs on a daily basis almost. Kinda ironic though, because if I get hired I won't get paid, lol.
                    iPERMS is working, but HRC Portal is not.

Comment

What app in HRC because I was able to access it right now.

https://www.hrcapps.army.mil/Portal/

Comment

Come on - pass this Senate!!

http://www.armytimes.com/article/201...l-passes-House

Comment

so just to make sure im understanding this correctly, the Guard will still get paid if on active duty orders, right? for instance a NG that ships to basic tomorrow will still be able to receive his pay and allowances, correct?

this is kind of scaring me. I ship out in less than a month and opted to not use my leave from work so my wife and son are dependant on the money ill be making during basic...

Comment

If they can't pay you I don't think you'll probably ship (somebody correct me if I'm off there).

I'm shipping soon too, and am wondering whether my blue phase drill this month and shipping itself are going to happen (as scheduled) or not.

Comment

It wasn't working Wednesday or Thursday, but it appears it is back up today. If you had logged in Wednesday or Thursday it would have said "No documents available." I don't think it was shutdown related though, likely just a data update/refresh.

Comment

Originally posted by dogjutsu View Post
                                If they can't pay you I don't think you'll probably ship (somebody correct me if I'm off there).

I'm shipping soon too, and am wondering whether my blue phase drill this month and shipping itself are going to happen (as scheduled) or not.
                                If this doesn't end soon, your RSP isn't going to happen because most states are cancelling Unit Training Assemblies until a budget is passed.

All Initial Entry Training, BOLCs, etc. are considered "excepted" though so training continues and you will get your orders. They have put other PME schools on hold though.

Comment

Working...
                                X