Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACU-Alternate

About this type of new uniform.

http://www.army.mil/article/106924/

New black and yellow PT uniforms are also in the development stages, and a new improved duffle bag, which includes a zipper, has just been released and is being issued to basic training Soldiers.

Re: ACU-Alternate

What the...since when do women go to Fort Sill for BCT? Didn't see any of them when I went through in 2002...

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey Dirtbag View Post
      What the...since when do women go to Fort Sill for BCT? Didn't see any of them when I went through in 2002...
      I think they allowed them to attend Fort Sill BCT in 2003 or 2004. When I was there for AIT in 2004 I remember seeing them. At that time there were a couple 13 series MOS' available to females such as 13S.

Comment

To hell with the new uniform, I want the new duffle!

Comment

I'm so ready for something other than the ACU.....like the Marines have. Something simple....Rank and name.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
            I'm so ready for something other than the ACU.....like the Marines have. Something simple....Rank and name.
            Agreed... the ACU looks like a walking ORB.

Comment

The last week of my BCT in 2008-2009 we cleaned out Alpha 1/19 for females, but I never saw a female other than permanent party during my stay.

Comment

I'm a female and I attended Fort Sill as an 09S in 2011.

Comment

Is there anything in the works like that? I am also not a fan of the ACU.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post

I think that it's important that soldiers have badges, tabs, combat patches visible. The uniform doesn't make the man, the man makes the uniform. But if I'm talking to an E-6 or higher who's never deployed I'd like that information visible.

Comment

You're kidding right? Marines have bling on their uniforms as well. The only thing they don't have is unit patches.

Comment

Originally posted by Orelladanza View Post
                        I think that it's important that soldiers have badges, tabs, combat patches visible. The uniform doesn't make the man, the man makes the uniform. But if I'm talking to an E-6 or higher who's never deployed I'd like that information visible.
                        But the Army went away with that approach with making combat patches an option on their uniform as well as moving branch insignia from the officer collar. Today's uniform is designed to be as sterile as possible; even though that is far from the case.

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
                        You're kidding right? Marines have bling on their uniforms as well. The only thing they don't have is unit patches.
                        +1. Marines use to wear patches on their Alphas (Class As) in WWII and then that was removed. Ironically, Soldiers could wear Marine Division patches such as the 1st and 2nd if they were attached to Marine units during the early years of OEF/OIF. But if you see Marines wear their scuba or airborne badges; its the shiny ones unlike the subdued/sewn-on the Army could wear.

Comment

Working...
                        X