Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress Cards

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...t=stress+cards

Not to revive a dead horse but there has always been a debate on this topic that if it existed or not. Many thought it was an urban legend. I created the thread topic so if someone ever did a search, they will find some info on the topic.

Well, I met a SSG today who was part of the in-processing Cadre at Fort Jackson and he confirmed that it did exists. He got there in March 2005 and saw its use from there to May that same year. He then said it was eliminated by the summer rush.

Finally good hearing it from someone who witnessed it firsthand.

Re: Stress Cards

Considering all the other changes and softening up the military has been doing, I wouldn't be surprised if they made a huge comeback. It's going to take a soldier or two getting smoked repeatedly, then sent home, then chaptered out of the military, then whining to his "activist blogger" mother, who will talk to the media/politicians, who will revive stress cards.

Comment

Honestly im not sure what the fuss is about. If its just an info card then its not like it does anything when a DS is yelling at you or whatever..

Comment

The stress card rumor has been around for a long time. Its my understanding that they were just cards that had information on how to handle stress. Just like the suicide cards they hand out now in reception.

found this on the interwebz

http://www.stripes.com/blogs/the-rum...cards-1.155850

Comment

i heard they were cards you throw out if you were to stressed and the drill ssg couldn't touch you. what kind of crap is that

Comment

Originally posted by shifybattle View Post
            i heard they were cards you throw out if you were to stressed and the drill ssg couldn't touch you. what kind of crap is that
            That never existed. Stress cards had info on people to talk to if you were sad.

Comment

Working...
            X