Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New pt test cancelled

Originally posted by gheart68w View Post
    Hehehe. If the Marines can afford it then we surely can
    Well remember the Marine Corp is much smaller than the Army BUT if you want I'll call the Federal Reserve tomorrow and tell them to print as much money as we need to buy X amount of Pull up bars.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
      After spending 3 weeks in Ft. Leonardwood this summer I would have to disagree with you. Pull up bars all over the place. In front of all the baracks and at every PT field. I even saw them outside of most chow halls.

Pull ups AND pushups in one test=real test of core and upper muscular endurance. The rower is not a bad ab exercise either, far better then outdated sit ups that tax the hip flexors more then the abs right before a 2 mile run.
      I agree with you fully about Pull ups and Push ups both being on the test. I wouldn't even bother with the rower because while yes it is a much better ab exercise than the situp is by far the truth is that any exercise that involves spinal flexon shouldn't be on the test and no one should be doing any kind of exercise that involves your spine moving in such a way. Here is an article below that explains it pretty well.

Comment

Stop Doing Sit-Ups: Why Crunches Don’t Work
        Kate Dailey

Everyone knows that the road to flat, tight abs is paved with crunches. Lots and lots and lots of excruciating crunches. Or is it?

As it turns out, the exercises synonymous with strong, attractive abs may not be the best way to train your core—and may be doing damage to your back.

Read more here: http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...on-t-work.html
        Last edited by RyCass; October 25th, 2012, 11:55 AM. Reason: Corrected format/aded URL

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
          Well remember the Marine Corp is much smaller than the Army BUT if you want I'll call the Federal Reserve tomorrow and tell them to print as much money as we need to buy X amount of Pull up bars.
          Many Army active duty bases I been on have pull-up bars, rope climbs and little O courses compared to the Marines. Why are you thinking that the Army does not have this already?

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
            Many Army active duty bases I been on have pull-up bars, rope climbs and little O courses compared to the Marines. Why are you thinking that the Army does not have this already?
            I'm not saying they don't have it already, I remember at Ft. Jackson the row of pull up bars they had but what I am saying is that if pull ups were put on the test than thy would probably have to buy more pull up bars in order to meet the demand for all the Soldiers we have stationed all over the world.

Comment

I am in Afghanistan and I have tons of pull up bars on this little base.

I left Germany last year and tons of pull up bars.

You just need two or three pull-up bars in a roll to do the pull-up event.

Look at the video. What do you see soldiers putting their legs around? A pull-up bar lol

Yes, when I was in the Marine Corps; pull-up bars were ubiquitous but its obvious as to why.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                I am in Afghanistan and I have tons of pull up bars on this little base.

I left Germany last year and tons of pull up bars.

You just need two or three pull-up bars in a roll to do the pull-up event.

Look at the video. What do you see soldiers putting their legs around? A pull-up bar lol

Yes, when I was in the Marine Corps; pull-up bars were ubiquitous but its obvious as to why.
                Well......we still can't afford to buy anymore! lol

Comment

Working...
                X