X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAARNG Officers plead guilty to fraud

Three California Army National Guard captains have pleaded guilty to misdemeanor fraud Tuesday in cases involving incentive payments in return for service commitments. Each faces up to a year in prison, fines and restitution of funds stolen.The pleas, the latest in a federal investigation into thousands of improper bonuses and loan repayments for Guard members, came from:

- Capt. Yasser Brenes, 29, a recruiter who will pay $27,000 in restitution and up to $54,000 in fines.

- Capt. Raymond Allard, 45, an educational services officer who will pay $29,000 in restitution and up to $58,000 in fines.

- Capt. Thomas Nys, 49, who will pay $20,000 in restitution and up to $40,000 in fines.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Aaron May told The Sacramento Bee that his Los Angeles office has coordinated closely with the California Guard, which he said would soon sever its relationship with the three officers.

Read more @
    http://www.stripes.com/news/us/3-cal...fraud-1.181724

Re: CAARNG Officers plead guilty to fraud

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
    Three California Army National Guard captains have pleaded guilty to misdemeanor fraud Tuesday in cases involving incentive payments in return for service commitments. Each faces up to a year in prison, fines and restitution of funds stolen.The pleas, the latest in a federal investigation into thousands of improper bonuses and loan repayments for Guard members, came from:

- Capt. Yasser Brenes, 29, a recruiter who will pay $27,000 in restitution and up to $54,000 in fines.

- Capt. Raymond Allard, 45, an educational services officer who will pay $29,000 in restitution and up to $58,000 in fines.

- Capt. Thomas Nys, 49, who will pay $20,000 in restitution and up to $40,000 in fines.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Aaron May told The Sacramento Bee that his Los Angeles office has coordinated closely with the California Guard, which he said would soon sever its relationship with the three officers.

Read more @
    http://www.stripes.com/news/us/3-cal...fraud-1.181724
    And for everyone wondering "where is my bonus"..."why won't they pay my loans"..."why why why".....THIS is why!

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
      And for everyone wondering "where is my bonus"..."why won't they pay my loans"..."why why why".....THIS is why!
      Here I thought it was because California was 16 billion in the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
        At least California is doing something about it! Better than a lot of other states!

If any 1LT(P) or CPT is looking to IST to CA, you should email the IST coordinator and the OSM a link to the article and let them know that you're looking for a recently vacated O-3 slot.
        Last edited by Polo08816; June 30th, 2012, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
          Here I thought it was because California was 16 billion in the hole.
          This would be irrelevant. Bonus money and SLRP is federally funded. How it is issued can be influenced by the state i.e. critical MOS lists, but the money from the feds for incentives can only be used for incentives.

Comment

Working...
          X