Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White House transport org recruiting NCOs

Staff report
    Posted : Friday Mar 2, 2012 12:17:37 EST

The organization that provides transportation support to the president, first family and White House staff is recruiting Army NCOs to serve as master drivers.

The White House Transportation Agency, a military organization previously called the Army Transportation Agency (White House), is targeting its latest recruiting effort at promotable sergeants, staff sergeants and sergeants first class who hold military occupational specialty 88M, motor transport operator.

Applicants must have at least eight years of service and an excellent driving record. They must also be able to serve a four-year assignment with the agency and be able to obtain both a top-secret security clearance and a determination of suitability for presidential support duties.

For additional information, interested soldiers should visit the White House Transportation Agency website.

To contact the agency’s administration office, call (202) 757-0754/0770 or email agency recruiters.

Re: White House transport org recruiting NCOs

When I served on PSD, our drivers who drove (our 4-star) in our hard cars were 88Ms NCOs. To work a gig at the White House period (WHCA - White House Communications Agency were many Signal personnel work), you need a Top Secret. A couple of soldiers that I knew were denied this type of assignment. Not easy to get selected for.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
      When I served on PSD, our drivers who drove (our 4-star) in our hard cars were 88Ms NCOs. To work a gig at the White House period (WHCA - White House Communications Agency were many Signal personnel work), you need a Top Secret. A couple of soldiers that I knew were denied this type of assignment. Not easy to get selected for.
      "determination of suitability for presidential support duties"..is the hard part. It is known by some as a "yankee white" clearance. Although in reality you just have a Top Secret (cause there is no official higher clearance) the invesitgation into your background is different then the normal SSBI done for a TS. What they do, I don't know, but I have know a few who were a no go in the category.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
        but I have know a few who were a no go in the category.
        Just out of curiosity what would DQ a person?

Comment

Bad credit, article 15 or something that will preclude a top secret. Perhaps someone during the investigation felt this SM is not "trustworthy" or "unsuitable" to work in the position.

Comment

This is interesting, but ultimately not relevant, since only active component Soldiers may apply.

Comment

Working...
            X