Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore Guardsmen killed in Afghan Interior Ministry attack

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...d=pm_local_pop

This sort of hits home, Maj. Robert Marchanti II was deployed with my unit and served AGR since 2008 in the detachment in Maryland. The other service member was Lt. Col. John D. Loftis.

Just reminds you, that no matter what, always be on your guard and stay safe...

Before Maj. Robert Marchanti II was deployed by the Maryland Army National Guard, when he was teaching at a Baltimore County elementary school, students and teachers made a photo book for him. When he walked into the room the last morning, all the kindergartners saluted. “He was a big, burly, big tough guy, and he just turned into a marshmallow,” said Carney Elementary School teacher Beth Avil. “Tears came into his eyes, and he sat in one of the little kindergarten chairs to look through the book.”

Marchanti was a strong man, family and friends said, physically tough at 48, disciplined, committed to his family, his Christian faith, his country. And he was a softie. “He just gave his whole heart to everyone,” his daughter, Leah Marchanti, 20, said. “He loved sentimental things . . . like dancing with me. We always talked about the song we would choose when I walked down the wedding aisle.”

Her father died Saturday, one of two U.S. officers shot and killed at the Afghan Interior Ministry in Kabul, the Maryland National Guard confirmed Monday.

Re: Baltimore Guardsmen killed in Afghan Interior Ministry attack

Rest in peace. Thank you for your service.

Was this in retaliation for the burning of the Quran? We had our "leaders" apologize to Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai for that but I don't think we ever received an apology from Afghanistan for harboring and providing safe-haven for the organization responsible for September 11th.

Comment

Re: Baltimore Guardsmen killed in Afghan Interior Ministry attack

Yes, it was in retaliation.

The LTCOL from the Air Force was a chaplain apparently.

Comment

Working...
      X