Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else tired of driving hour and hours to drill when you have units all around you?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone else tired of driving hour and hours to drill when you have units all around you?

A little off-topic... I can't remember the name of the movie, but it's the one where a soldier gets a care package with a video of his wife cheating on him while he's deployed. They played that movie to and from my first deployment, and both times we booed it off. I guess they were just trying to play a military themed movie for us.

Comment

Re: Anyone else tired of driving hour and hours to drill when you have units all around you?

Originally posted by USMCLong View Post
      A little off-topic... I can't remember the name of the movie, but it's the one where a soldier gets a care package with a video of his wife cheating on him while he's deployed. They played that movie to and from my first deployment, and both times we booed it off. I guess they were just trying to play a military themed movie for us.
      Jarhead.

Comment

Originally posted by TxIntel 1978 View Post
        Jarhead.
        Yes, that scene was funny. Any Marine will know about the hog board in the barracks. That scene in Jarhead was true.

Comment

We had a hog board in boot camp, and that was the last time I've seen one. We got "counseled" in Iraq for having pictures in our MRAP that were "degrading" to women, and my unit got put on restriction more than once for starting "make her famous, boys" text chains.

New Marine Corps. Sigh.

Comment

Working...
          X